call for poems by women: Bone Bouquet

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2010
      http://bonebouquet.submishmash.com/Submit

      Bone Bouquet seeks to publish the best new writing by female poets, from artists both established and emerging. We are especially interested in work that is unpredictable, poems that have both sass and authority.

      We are looking for poetry, interviews, craft essays, and reviews of chapbooks/books of poetry by women (please limit reviews to those that address books published in the last two years).

      We have added two fabulous assistant editors to our staff: Elizabeth Brasher of New Mexico and Allison Layfield of California. These women rock.

      Simultaneous submissions are fine, as long as we are notified when work is accepted elsewhere. Bone Bouquet only accepts previously unpublished work; we request first electronic rights, and would like to archive your work on the site. Please note that your work first appeared in Bone Bouquet if it is reprinted elsewhere on the web or in print. Submit up to five pages of poetry, up to twenty pages of interview, poetics essay, or review, up to three .jpeg images of original art. We look forward to reading your work, and are honored that you trust us to read it.

      For more information on our aesthetic, please read our first two issues online, which feature work from Kate Schapira, Danielle Pafunda, Susan Briante and many other amazing poets.

      All best,

      Krystal Languell
      Editor in Chief | Bone Bouquet
      http://bonebouquet.submishmash.com/Submit