call for submissions: OVS Magazine

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2, 2010
      OVS Magazine Call for submissions!
      www.ovsmag.com

      Simultaneous submissions are welcome with immediate notification ofacceptance elsewhere. No previously published work, please.

      ReadingPeriod for the Fall: August 1st 2010 - November 30th 2010.
      Art Submissions:
      All art submissions must have ART SUBMISSION: (ART SUBMISSION: YOUR NAME HERE) inthe subject line or they will not be opened. Please send no more than 2images. We are currently only accepting Black & White images. Emailto

      ovsmag(at)gmail.com (replace (at) with @). Please send art as a jpeg attachment. If we need a higher resolution image for final publication we will contact you.
      A cover letter with contact information and bio in the third personis required, and should be pasted into your email message and addressedto the editors. Please list your attachment's name in the body of yourcover letter.
      Poetry Submissions:
      All poetry submissions must have POETRY SUBMISSION: (POETRY SUBMISSION: YOUR NAME HERE) in the subject line or they will not be opened. Please send 3-6 poems (max of 10pgs) Email to

      <ovsmag(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @).Please send poetry in a single attachment formatted for MS Word or.rtf. Name attachment with your last name and POETRY (EXAMPLE:SmithPoetry.doc)
      A cover letter with contact information and bio in the third personis required, and should be pasted into your email message and addressedto the editors.
      OVS Magazine will hold the First North AmericanElectronic Serial Rights for the piece for the issue in which the pieceis printed. At the end of the month, rights revert back to the author,though OVS Magazine reserves the rights to archive the piece. If thepiece is chosen to appear in a later print edition, the author will becontacted for OVS Magazine to reserve First North American Print SerialRights. OVS Magazine cannot offer payment for accepted submissions tothe magazine. Each contributor will receive a free PDF copy of thejournal, and a discount code for purchase of a print copy at cost.

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 31, 2011
        OVS MAGAZINE is now accepting poetry and black & white art submissions year-round! www.ovsmag.com

        Please submit to us at http://ovsmagazine.submishmash.com/Submit

        Please note that we only accept two submissions per author/ artist per year.

        Simultaneous submissions are welcome with immediate notification of acceptance elsewhere. No previously published work, please. We are now accepting submissions continually. Please report your submissions to Duotrope!
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 24, 2011
          Call for submissions to OVS Magazine!
          http://ovsmagazine.submishmash.com/Submit

          Please note that we only accept two submissions per author/ artist per
          year. So about every 6 months, you can send a new submission.
          Simultaneous submissions are welcome with IMMEDIATE notification of
          acceptance elsewhere, it is only polite. No previously published work,
          please!

          Please note: Any and all submission sent through email, and not through
          the submission manager will be deleted. Please do not include any
          identifying information within your upload. If your submission has any
          identifying information on the document you submit, we will delete it.

          Name attachment with your INITIALS and POETRY (or ART) with subsequent
          numbering (EXAMPLE: IPPoetry1.doc, IPART2.doc, etc.)

          A cover letter with contact information and bio in the third person is
          required, but do not submit that information in your poem attachment,
          use the Cover Letter / Biography text field to submit your bio and
          cover letter.

          Please submit only one poem per file. If you submit more than one poem
          per file, your submission will be deleted. You may upload up to six
          poems in one submission.

          We are now accepting submissions continually. Please report your
          submissions to Duotrope! It helps us a great deal. Only query after
          three months have past.
          http://www.ovsmag.com/ovs-submission-guidelines.html
          Submit to OVS Magazine!
          OVS Magazine will hold the First North American Electronic Serial
          Rights for the piece for the issue in which the piece is printed. At
          the end of the month, rights revert back to the author, though OVS
          Magazine reserves the rights to archive the piece. If the piece is
          chosen to appear in a later print edition, the author will be contacted
          for OVS Magazine to reserve First North American Print Serial Rights.
          OVS Magazine cannot offer payment for accepted submissions to the
          magazine. Each contributor will receive a free PDF copy of the journal.

          We are running a featured artist contest for the Winter 2012 issue!
          Spread the word!
          Send your black and white art to us through our submission manager!
          at
          http://ovsmagazine.submishmash.com/Submit
          Send us black and white art!
          Black and white art only!

          Name attachment with your INITIALS and ART with subsequent numbering
          (EXAMPLE: IPART1.doc, IPART2.doc, etc.)

          A cover letter with contact information and bio in the third person is
          required, but do not submit that information in your art attachment,
          use the Cover Letter / Biography text field to submit your bio and
          cover letter.

          Please submit only one piece of art per file. If you submit more than
          one piece of art per file, your submission will be deleted. You may
          upload up to six pieces of art in one submission.

          The winner will receive two copies of the Winter 2012 issue, a link to
          their website, and publication in the Winter 2012 print edition as well
          as a feature page on our site.
          Message 4 of 9 , May 29, 2012
            We are looking for well crafted poetry, and black and white art. Send us your art, your poetry, and even your art that goes with your poetry, and all you have poured into it! We want to hear from everyone. It doesn't matter if you haven't published before, or if you are an old pro. It doesn't matter to us how many galleries you have hung in. We just want great work that makes us feel what you are expressing.

            We will be reading for our Summer issue until June 15th, however we read year-round. Our Summer featured poet is Michael Waters! For more information visit our site, ovsmag.com

            http://ovsmag.com/~ovsmag/index.php?id=65

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 29, 2012
              OVS Magazine:

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 31, 2012
                OVS Magazine:

                We are looking for well crafted poetry, and black and white art. Send us your art, your poetry, and even your art that goes with your poetry, and all you have poured into it! We want to hear from everyone. It doesn't matter if you haven't published before, or if you are an old pro. It doesn't matter to us how many galleries you have hung in. We just want great work that makes us feel what you are expressing.

                We will be reading for our Winter 2012 issue until Dec.15th, however we read year-round. Our Winter featured poet is Liz Ahl! For more information visit our site, ovsmag.com

                http://ovsmag.com/~ovsmag/index.php?id=65

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 8, 2014

                  Subject: OVS Magazine is open for submission

                  Organs of Vision and Speech Magazine is open for submissions year round from poets and artists of every kind! We have a new group of guest editors each issue. This keeps our aesthetic fresh. We do not have themes.

                  We are currently reviewing submissions for the Winter 2015 issue.

                  http://ovsmag.com/

                  Submission Guidelines:

                  https://ovsmagazine.submittable.com/Submit
                  Name attachment with the title of the piece.
                  A cover letter with contact information and bio in the third person is required, but DO NOT submit that information in your poem attachment, use the Cover Letter / Biography text field to submit your bio and cover letter.

                  Please submit only one poem or image per file. If you submit more than one poem or image per file, your submission will be deleted. You may upload up to six poems or images in one submission.

                  We are now accepting submissions continually. Please report your submissions to Duotrope! It helps us a great deal. Only query after three months have past.
                  at
                  https://ovsmagazine.submittable.com/Submit
                  Please note:
                  Any and all submission sent through email, and not through the submission manager will be deleted. Please do not include any identifying information within your upload. If your submission has any identifying information on the document you submit, we will delete it.
                  We only accept two submissions per author/ artist per year. So about every 6 months, you can send a new submission.   We publish in January/February and July/August each year.
                  Simultaneous submissions are welcome with IMMEDIATE notification of acceptance elsewhere, it is only polite. No previously published work, please!
                  Feel free to contact us with questions: ovsmagATgmailDOTcom
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 13, 2014

                    Call for Poetry and Art Submissions

                    Organs of Vision and Speech Magazine is open for submissions year round from poets and artists of every kind! We have a new group of guest editors each issue. This keeps our aesthetic fresh. We do not have themes.

                    We are currently reviewing submissions for the Winter 2015 issue until Nov. 17th. 2014

                    http://ovsmag.com/

                    Submission Guidelines:

                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 7 2:21 PM

                      OVS Magazine is open to submissions for their Revived issue in January 2017! Each submission will be considered for the Feature in both art and poetry for the Revived Issue!  We are currently reading for this issue and will be until November 16th. So get it in soon!

                      Send us your work for inclusion. Black and White Art, any medium as long as we can get a good high resolution photograph or scan. Poetry of any style or length...almost. We do not publish epic poems or inspirational/devotional works.

                      Please send your cover letter and bio along with up to six pieces through our submission system. https://ovsmagazine.submittable.com/Submit

                      We look forward to reading and viewing all of your fabulous work. We do not publish previously published works, we do ask that you read some of our content first, and finally, simultaneous submissions are fine, but let us know right away!