high school writing contest: Rider University
- 28th Annual High School Writing Contest
PRIZES IN EACH CATEGORY
All Finalists will receive a Certificate of Honorable Mention
All winners will be considered for publication in Venture, Rider’s literary
ESSAY: Write a personal essay, labeled ESSAY, on a topic of your choice of no
more than five double-spaced, typed pages.
FICTION: Write a short story, labeled FICTION, of no more than
five double-spaced, typed pages.
POETRY: Write a poem of no more than 50 lines.
1. Type on the entry:
Your Name and Address
School Name and Address
2. Include a letter from a teacher stating that the work is original
and by you.
3. Entries must be typed. Handwritten entries will not be read.
Stories and essays must be double-spaced. Single-spaced prose will not be
read. Please give your story, essay, and or poem a title.
4. Only one entry per category will be considered. Choose your best
writing and send only one.
5. Mail your entry postmarked no later than December 14, 2007 to:
Dr. Robbie Clipper Sethi
2083 Lawrenceville Road
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
Entries cannot be returned.
Winners will be announced in April, 2008.
Include a self-addressed stamped envelope if you wish to receive a list of
Get a sneak peek of the all-new
AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]