fiction contest: shaking like a mountain

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2010
      Shaking Like a Mountain Fiction Open
      http://shakinglikeamountain.com
      Guest Judge Janice Eidus

      First prize: $350 Second prize: $100 Third
      prize: $50

      The three prizewinners will be published in shaking like a mountain and have
      their work submitted by shaking editors to the Best of the Web and Best of Net
      anthologies.

      Deadline: September 15, 2010. Results will be announced at the website October
      15, 2010, and the winners will be published before the end of 2010.

      About our judge:

      Janice Eidus is an award-winning novelist and short story writer. Her short fiction has won two O.Henry Prizes, a Pushcart Prize, and a Redbook Prize. Her latest novel, The War of the Rosens, won a 2008, Independent Publishers Award in Religion, and was nominated for the prestigious Sophie Brody Award.

      Complete Contest Guidelines:

      -We accept all genres of literary fiction as long as stories are related to the
      theme of music.
      -Please be sure to include your name, address and phone number in a cover letter
      with your submission. Do not put your name, address, or phone number on the
      story itself.
      -Entries must be: unpublished; 4000 words or less; and accompanied by a $10
      entry fee per story.
      -We welcome multiple entries ($10/story) and entries from outside the U.S.
      Entrants retain all rights to their stories.
      -Once a story is submitted, we cannot accept an updated draft. (However, an
      entrant is welcome to submit an updated draft as a new entry.)
      -Entry fees will not be returned or adjusted.
      -Entries must be complete by 11:59 P.M. PDT on September 15, 2010.

      Please e-mail us with any further questions. Thank you for your interest, and
      good luck!
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 25 8:42 AM
        One week left to submit to the 2010 Shaking Like a Mountain Fiction
        Open. The
        deadline is midnight, October 31st. There are cash prizes totaling $500
        and
        publication in Shaking for the winners. Entry fee, $10 per submission.
        The
        contest judge
        is Janice Eidus. Follow the link for all contest details:
        http://shakinglikeamountain.com/2010/07/15/the-2010-shaking-like-a-mountain-fiction-open-its-on/
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2010
          We're boldly going where bargains are made: for the final four days
          we're offering a 2 for 1 invitation to submit to the 2010 Shaking Like
          a Mountain Fiction Open:

          follow the link for all the details:
          http://shakinglikeamountain.com/2010/11/02/because-we-cant-sit-still/

          Awarding $500 in three prizes/
          Prize winners will be published in early 2011.
          Judge: Janice Eidus