call for submissions: CRATE

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2007
      CRATE submission guidelines

      This year’s theme is Mirrors.  Work submitted should reference the theme,
      taken as literally or loosely as desired.

      Poetry- up to five poems

      Fiction and Creative Nonfiction- up to 25 pages, double spaced

      Artwork- up to five images, please send clear digital files or 8 x 10
      prints.  Artwork will be returned, provided SASE and correct postage has been
      provided

      DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS

      please include a cover letter and, if possible, an email address for contact
      purposes.

      The deadline for submissions is January 30th, 2008.

      Submissions received past the deadline will be returned unread.

      At this time, we can not accept emailed submissions

      Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but please withdraw if accepted
      elsewhere.  Manuscripts will not be returned

      Please allow at least four months after the deadline for responses.

      If submitting for the Tomas Rivera Selection* please indicate in your cover
      letter.

      *Tomas Rivera, a Chicano poet and educator, was UCR’s chancellor from 1979
      to 1984.  He was the first Hispanic Chancellor in the UC system, and also, at
      43, the youngest person ever appointed to lead a UC campus.  In addition to his
      academic work, Tomas Rivera provided much support and encouragement to new
      writers and artists in the community at large.  He died in 1984 after a heart
      attack.  The selection is chosen in homage to Tomas Rivera.

      Please mail your submissions to:

      CRATE
      University of California, Riverside
      Creative Writing Department
      900 University Ave, 1607 HMNSS
      Riverside, California 92521

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 18, 2011
        CRATE Literary Magazine

        We're looking for fiction, non-fiction, poetry and short dramatic works. Our submission deadline is January 1, 2012. Please read below for more submission guidelines.

        You can submit here: http://crateliterarymagazine.submishmash.com/submit

        And do check out our website and blog for more information:

        www.crate.ucr.edu

        cratelit.wordpress.com

        We're looking forward to reading your work!

        CRATE Call for Submissions 2011-2012

        FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS:

        Please include a brief bio and an email address for contact purposes. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but please withdraw if accepted elsewhere. All rights revert to the author upon publication. Please credit CRATE in future publications.

        Deadline for all submissions is Sunday, January 1st.

        FICTION and NON-FICTION:
        Up to 7500 words. Submit double-spaced MS Word .doc or .pdf attachment. Novel excerpts must be self-contained.

        POETRY:
        Up to five poems per submission in .doc or .pdf attachment. We also accept original translations.

        DRAMATIC WORKS:
        Up to ten-minute plays in .doc or .pdf attachment.

        CRATE is a graduate student-run literary magazine, and therefore it undergoes a certain amount of reshuffling every year. Submissions received between the months of February and September can expect long delays in response.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 8, 2013
          The MFA program at UCR is seeking submissions for CRATE.

          http://crate.ucr.edu/submission-guidelines/

          Online submissions only at:
          https://crateliterarymagazine.submittable.com/submit