call for content: journal of renga and haiku

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2010
      Journal of Renga & Renku

      Call for Content - Journal of Renga & Renku

      Hello

      We're ready to begin accepting offers of content for the first issue of Journal
      of
      Renga & Renku. While some details remain to be ironed out, the journal will be:

      1. published near the end of 2010
      2. available in hardcopy only
      3. available for purchase online using Paypal

      We're looking for a variety of content along the lines of:

      1. Academic/polemic articles on any aspects of the genre

      2. Translations of old renga and renku

      3. News of renku groups and happenings

      4. Book articles/reviews

      5. and of course, a showcase of current examples of the genre:

      a) in English

      b) in any other language, accompanied by an English translation

      c) previously published or not (just let us have details of prior publication so
      we can
      acknowledge properly)

      d) simultaneous offers are fine too, again provided you advise us of prior
      publication
      for purposes of acknowledgement

      e) in any of the standard forms: kasen, triparshva, nijûin, jûnichô, shisan,
      rokku,
      hyakuin, yotsumono, etc.

      f) in any explorations of the above forms in terms of experimentation with
      one-line,
      zip, 5/7/5 or other fixed counts and even rhyme

      g) solo and group work

      h) with (preferably) or without notes/reflections on the poem/process from
      sabaki or
      renju or both

      6. We are also considering holding a contest, but have not finalised our
      thinking on
      that. Please send us any ideas you may have and/or indication as to whether
      you'd
      be interested in entering and/or reading the results

      7. We're open to discussing content ideas we've not covered above so please
      write

      8. All communications will be acknowledged within one week

      9. We are regretfully unable to pay contributors for content at this stage

      Please send all contributions and other communications to
      (RengaRenku(at)gmail.com)

      We look forward to hearing from you.

      Norman Darlington
      Moira Richards