fiction/poetry/nonfiction contest: Black Warrior Review

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2010
      Sixth-Ever Fiction & Poetry Contests, & the First-Ever Nonfiction Contest!
      http://www.bwr.ua.edu/

      Guest judges this year are Peter Markus (fiction), Claudia Rankine (poetry), and Lia Purpura (nonfiction).
      All entries must be submitted online by September 1, 2010. Please go to

      http://bwrsubmissions.ua.edu

      to do so.
      Winners in each genre will receive $1,000 and publication in theSpring/Summer 2011 issue. Finalists in each category will receivenotation in the Spring/Summer 2011 issue and are also considered forpublication.

      The Reading Fee is $15 per short story (up to 7500 words), $15 pernonfiction piece (up to 7500 words), and $15 per group of up to 3poems.
      Payment must be made online (the Submission Manager will directyou to do so). All contestants receive a complimentary one-yearsubscription.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19 12:33 PM
        BWR’s eleventh-annual contest will open on April 1, 2015.
        http://bwr.ua.edu/submit/contest/
        Entry link:
        https://bwr.submittable.com/submit
        This year we are honored to have Heather Christle (Poetry), Alissa Nutting (Fiction/Prose), and Mary Roach (Nonfiction) as our guest judges.
        Winners in each genre receive a $1,000 prize and publication in BWR 42.2, our Spring/Summer 2016 issue. One runner-up from each genre will receive $100 and finalists will receive notation in that issue and are considered for publication.
        Please submit your $20 entry fee and your work to bwr.submittable.com/submit by September 1.  Each entry comes with a one-year subscription to BWR.  The entry fee covers one 7,000 word fiction or nonfiction submission, or one packet of up to three poems.
        You may submit multiple entries.  We accept only previously unpublished work.  We do allow simultaneous submissions, but we ask that you notify us promptly of publication elsewhere.  Winners will be announced in October.
        Conflicts of Interest: Similar to our regular editorial policy, students, faculty, staff, or administrators currently affiliated with University of Alabama are ineligible for consideration or publication. Additionally, anyone with affiliation with a judge is ineligible to enter in that category.  We ask that previous winners wait three years after their winning entry is published before entering again.
        Black Warrior Review adheres to the CLMP Contest Code of Ethics.  You can find the CLMP Code of Ethics and our Contest Procedures here, and do email any questions to blackwarriorreview@....
        Deadline: September 1, 2015
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5, 2016
          BLACK WARRIOR REVIEWs Twelfth-Annual Contest is open now!
          Entry link:
          https://bwr.submittable.com/submit

          Grand prize in each genre: $1000 and publication. Runner-up prize in each genre: $100
          Cost to enter: $20 (comes with one-year subscription)
          This year we are honored to have Hoa Nguyen (Poetry), Sofia Samatar (Fiction/Prose), and T Clutch Fleischmann (Nonfiction) as our guest judges. Send us your best work today; we can’t wait to read it!
          Deadline: September 1, 2016.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 18, 2016
            • Submissions Open for Black Warrior Review's Twelfth Annual Contest
            • Deadline: September 1, 2016
              Black Warrior Review's 2016 Contest in poetry, fiction, and nonfiction awards $1,000 and publication to winners in all three genres. Runners-up receive $100 and will be considered for publication. This year we are honored to have Hoa Nguyen (P), Sofia Samatar (F), and T Clutch Fleischmann (NF) as our guest judges. The cost to enter is $20 and includes a one-year subscription. bwr.ua.edu