call for submissions: Quiddity

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2010
      Quiddity international literary journal and public-radio program ispresently reading for its fall 2011 issue. Works accepted may be featuredon the public-radio program (NPR member and PRI affiliate). Internationalsubmissions are encouraged.

      Submission Guidelines:
      ~ Prose: one work (no more than 5,000 words)
      ~ Poetry: up to five poems (no more than ten pages total)
      ~ Include complete contact information in the cover letter.
      ~ Please be sure your name is listed on each page of the work. You maylist contact information on each page as well, if you wish.
      ~ U.S.submissions should include both an email address and a self-addressed,business-size (#10), stamped envelope (SASE).
      ~ International submissions should include an email address to which anelectronic reply may be sent.
      ~ Work must be previously unpublished. All manuscripts will berecycled.

      Submissions should be addressed to either Prose Editor or Poetry Editorat
      Quiddity
      Benedictine Universityat Springfield
      1500 North Fifth Street
      Springfield, IL 62702
      USA

      We look forward to receiving high-quality prose and poetry from bothestablished and emerging writers. We do not limit general submissions tospecific subject-matter or style. Novel excerpts are welcome as long asthe work can stand alone. Translations are welcome.

      We accept simultaneous submissions but require notification immediatelyif the work is accepted elsewhere. Work submitted must fit the guidelineslisted above.
      Quiddity's international literary journal is a publication of Benedictine Universityat Springfield.It is published semi-annually in April and October. Quiddity's companionpublic-radio program is produced by Illinois Public Radio’s hub station,WUIS/WIPA, NPR member and PRI affiliate.

      Contributors may be invited to read their work for the public-radioprogram.

      General submissions are read year-round. Contest information isavailable at Quiddity’s website: www.sci.edu/quiddity

      Message 2 of 3 , May 22 2:52 PM
        Quiddity is now considering submissions for its spring /summer 2013 issue. Quiddity seeks exceptional prose and poetry from emerging and established writers around the world. Contributors are invited to read their work for consideration on the public-radio program, broadcast by Illinois Public Radio's hub station, NPR member/PRI affiliate WUIS.

        Quiddity's (print and audio) journal and public-radio program are published and produced by Benedictine University. Submission guidelines may be found below or at the following link: http://www1.ben.edu/springfield/quiddity/guidelines.html.

        We look forward to reading your work.

        GUIDELINES
        ~Prose: one work (5,000 words maximum)
        ~Poetry: up to five poems (no more than ten pages total)
        ~Include a cover letter.
        ~Please be sure your name and contact information appear on the FIRST page of the work for prose, and on EACH page of the work for poetry.
        ~Hard copy submissions should include an email address and a self-addressed, business-size (#10), stamped envelope (SASE). There is no fee for hard copy submissions.
        ~Electronic submissions may be made online at http://quiddity.submishmash.com/submit A $3.50 online fee applies to electronic submissions.
        ~All work must be previously unpublished. Manuscripts will be recycled.
        ~Hard copy submissions should be addressed to either Prose Editor or Poetry Editor at
        Quiddity, Benedictine University at Springfield, 1500 North Fifth Street, Springfield, IL 62702 USA.

        We look forward to receiving high-quality prose and poetry from both established and emerging writers. We do not limit general submissions to specific subject-matter or style. Novel excerpts are welcome as long as the work can stand alone. Translations are welcome as long as permission, in writing, has been granted. We accept simultaneous submissions but require notification immediately if the work is accepted elsewhere. Work submitted must fit the guidelines listed above.

        Quiddity's international literary journal is a publication of Benedictine University. It is published semi-annually in the fall and spring. Quiddity's companion public-radio program is produced by Illinois Public Radio's hub station, NPR member/PRI affiliate WUIS. Contributors are invited to read their work for consideration on the public-radio program.
        .