poetry book contest: Gival Press

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2007
      The 9th Annual Gival Press Poetry Award
      http://www.givalpress.com/

      Deadline:
      December 15, 2007 (postmarked).
      Our dates never change, if the date falls on a Sunday, then Monday becomes
      the default postmarked date.

      Guidelines:

      Theme:
      Completely open.

      Eligible Poets:
      Open to all, national and international poets.

      Language:
      English.

      Forms or Style of Poetry:
      Original work, not a translation of someone else's poetry. Open to any form
      or style; simply good poetry.

      Length of Manuscript:
      At least 45 typed pages of poetry, on one side only.

      Status of the Winning Manuscript:
      The manuscript as a whole shall not have been published before. However,
      include an acknowledgment sheet to indicate any previously published poems in the
      collection (poem/journal/date). It is the responsibility of the poet to secure
      the right to publish previously published poems.

      Format for Submittal:
      Include a separate cover sheet with name, title of manuscript, address
      (street, city, state, electronic mail), and phone number. The poet's name should not
      appear on the pages of the ms. The numbered pages should be clipped together.

      If the manuscript wins, the poet must make the manuscript available to Gival
      Press on an IBM-compatible disk or CD in Rich Text Format (RTF)—this refers to
      how one saves the document on one's computer disk.

      A short bio should be included.

      Always keep a copy of your manuscript; materials will not be returned and
      will be recycled after the judging.

      Reading Fee:
      $20.00 (USD) by personal check or USA money order payable to:
      Gival Press, LLC.

      International entrants must send a check drawn on a USA bank routed through a
      USA address, such as Bank of America; no international money orders are
      acceptable.

      Please note that Gival Press can also accept the entry free by major credit
      card; however, we only take credit card information by phone (703.351.0079).

      Mail to:
      Robert L. Giron, Editor
      Gival Press Poetry Award
      Gival Press, LLC
      P.O. Box 3812
      Arlington, VA 22203.

      Notification of the Winner:
      Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) for notification of the
      winner or visit our website (http://www.givalpress.com), where the winner and
      finalists will be announced.

      We try our best to announce the winner by mid spring. Unfortunately, it takes
      time to read and judge the entries and to contact the individuals involved.

      Prize:
      The winner will receive $1,000.00 (USD) and his/her book of poetry will be
      published by Gival Press. The winning poet will receive 20 copies of the
      publication.

      A standard publication contract is offered.

      Judging: The manuscripts are judged anonymously. The winner for the previous
      award will be the judge for the following year. The decision of the judge will
      be final.

      Discount Offered to Entrants:
      Anyone who has entered a Gival Press contest may purchase any books published
      or distributed by Gival Press at a 20% discount off the retail price, with
      free shipment. Credit cards are preferred. Kindly either call us (703.351.0079 -
      leave a message if we can't answer when you call and we will call you back)
      or send us an email with your phone number and we will call you, as we only
      accept the credit card information by phone.

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 5, 2008
            The 10th Annual Gival Press Poetry Award

            http://www.givalpress.com/

            Deadline:

            December 15, 2008 (postmarked).

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 2, 2009
              Gival Press Poetry Award
              http://www.givalpress.com/

              Deadline:
              December 15, 2009 (postmarked).

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 20, 2010
                  The 12th Annual Gival Press Poetry Award
                  http://www.givalpress.com/

                  Deadline:
                  December 15, 2010 (postmarked).