theme issue and contest on food: Creative Nonfiction

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2010
      ISSUE THEME and CONTEST: Food
      postmark deadline September 3, 2010
      http://www.creativenonfiction.org/thejournal/submittocnf.htm

      For an upcoming issue, we're seeking true stories that incorporate or involve food.

      Essays must be vivid and dramatic; they should combine a strong and compelling narrative with a significant element of research or information, and reach for some universal or deeper meaning in personal experiences. We're looking for well-written prose, rich with detail and a distinctive voice.

      Creative Nonfiction editors will award $1000 for Best Essay and $500 for runner-up.

      Guidelines: Essays must be: unpublished, 5,000 words or less, postmarked by September 3, 2010, and clearly marked "Food" on both the essay and the outside of the envelope. There is a $20 reading fee (or send a reading fee of $25 to include a 4-issue CNF subscription); multiple entries are welcome ($20/essay) as are entries from outside the U.S. (though subscription shipping costs do apply). Please send manuscript, accompanied by a cover letter with complete contact information (address, phone, and email), SASE and payment to:

      Creative Nonfiction
      Attn: Food
      5501 Walnut Street, Suite 202
      Pittsburgh, PA 15232