nonfiction book project on immortality

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2010
      BOOK PROJECT: Immortality
      postmark deadline August 6, 2010
      http://www.creativenonfiction.org/thejournal/submittocnf.htm

      For a new book project to be published by Southern Methodist University Press, entitled "Immortality," we're seeking new essays from a variety of perspectives on recent scientific developments and the likelihood, merits and ramifications of biological immortality. We're looking for essays by writers, physicians, scientists, philosophers, clergy--anyone with an imagination, a vision of the future, and a dream (or fear) of living forever.

      Essays must be vivid and dramatic; they should combine a strong and compelling narrative with a significant element of research or information, and reach for some universal or deeper meaning in personal experiences. We're looking for well-written prose, rich with detail and a distinctive voice.

      For examples, see Creative Nonfiction #38 (Spring 2010).

      Guidelines: Essays must be: unpublished, 5,000 words or less, postmarked by August 6, 2010, and clearly marked "Immortality" on both the essay and the outside of the envelope. Please send manuscript, accompanied by a cover letter with complete contact information (address, phone, and email) and SASE to:

      Creative Nonfiction
      Attn: Immortality
      5501 Walnut Street, Suite 202
      Pittsburgh, PA 15232