fiction contest (regional): Memphis Magazine

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2 6:20 AM
      RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR THE 2010 MEMPHIS MAGAZINE FICTION CONTEST

      Cosponsored by Burke's Book Store and Davis-Kidd Booksellers
      http://www.memphismagazine.com/gyrobase/Magazine/Page?oid=1341862

      We are seeking entries for our annual fiction contest. The winning story
      will earn a $1,000 grand prize and will be published in a future issue of
      Memphis. Two honorable mention awards of $500 each will be given if the quality of entries warrants. Contest cosponsors are Burke's Book Store, and Davis-Kidd Booksellers. Below are contest rules:
      1. Authors must live within 150 miles of Memphis.
      2. Entries must be postmarked by August 1, 2010.
      3. You may submit more than one story but each entry must be accompanied by a $10 entry fee.
      4. Stories are NOT required to have a Memphis or Southern theme.
      5. Each story should be typed, double-spaced, with unstapled, numbered pages. Stories should be between 3,000 and 4,500 words.
      6. With each story should be a cover letter that gives us your name, address, phone number, and the title of your story. Please do not put your name anywhere on the manuscript itself.
      7. Manuscripts may be previously published as long as previous publication was not in a national magazine with over 20,000 circulation or in a regional publication within Shelby County.
      8. Manuscripts should be sent to
      FICTION CONTEST c/o Memphis magazine,
      P.O. Box 1738
      Memphis, TN 38101

      NOTE: We cannot accept faxes or E-mails.
      Authors wishing their manuscripts returned must include a self-addressed
      stamped envelope with each entry.

      If you have further questions, call Marilyn Sadler at 521-9000, ext. 451, or email her at

      sadler(at)memphismagazine.com (replace (at) with @). We look forward to receiving your stories.

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 24 8:45 AM
        RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR THE 2010 MEMPHIS MAGAZINE FICTION CONTEST
        http://www.memphismagazine.com/gyrobase/Magazine/Page?oid=21607

        If you have further questions, call Marilyn Sadler at 521-9000, ext. 451, or email her at sadler@.... We look forward to receiving your stories.
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 25, 2011
          RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR THE 2011 MEMPHIS MAGAZINE FICTION CONTEST
          http://www.memphismagazine.com/Memphis-Magazine/Fiction-Contest-Rules/

          The winning story will earn a $1,000 grand prize and will be published
          in our annual Culture Issue, which runs in June. (The 2011 winner will
          appear in June 2012.) Two honorable mention awards of $500 each will be
          given if the quality of entries warrants. Below are contest rules:

          1. Authors must live within 150 miles of Memphis.
          2. Entries must be postmarked by August 1, 2011.
          3. You may submit more than one story but each entry must be
          accompanied by a $10 entry fee, with checks or money orders payable to
          Memphis magazine.
          4. Each story should be typed, double-spaced, with unstapled,
          numbered pages. Stories should be between 3,000 and 4,500 words long.
          5. Stories are not required to have a Memphis or Southern theme.
          6. With each story should be a cover letter that gives us your name,
          address, phone number, and the title of your story. Please do not put
          your name anywhere on the manuscript itself.
          7. Manuscripts may be previously published as long as previous
          publication was not in a national magazine with over 20,000 circulation
          or in a regional publication within Shelby County.
          8. Manuscripts should be sent to Fiction Contest, c/o Memphis
          magazine, P.O. Box 1738, Memphis, TN 38101. Please do not send faxes
          or emails. Authors wishing their manuscripts returned must include a
          self-addressed stamped envelope with each entry.

          Winners will be contacted in mid-to-late September.

          This contest is cosponsored by Burke's Book Store and The Booksellers
          at Laurelwood.

          If you have further questions, call Marilyn Sadler at 521-9000, ext.
          451, or via email