call for submissions: RHINO

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007
      OUT THERE
      (GENRE: Creative Reporting)
      Deadline: October 1, 2007

      RHINO is looking for some lively accounts of what's happening Out There,
      beyond our isolated circles -- for a potential midsection of the magazine. There's
      always an Out There, an event, a place, or an idea we've not been exposed to.
      It may be a reading that renders a crowd breathless, a unique conversation in
      some obscure basement, a literary party so aglitter it puts a peculiar smile
      on your face, a happening at an artists' colony you can only recall as a
      dream, the ceremonious arrival of a foreign poet, etc. -- in other
      words, fabulously written pieces that are witness to -- something to do with poetry.  Authors
      may be caught up in the thing encountered.  The intent is to refresh and
      educate, break out of huddles and cocoons, bring in a piece of the outside --
      however you define it -- whether it is wild, weird, foreign, profound, confounding,
      inspiring or just entertaining.

      For complete submissions guidelines, visit:
      http://www.rhinopoetry.org/pages/submit.html

      Send your submission by first class mail to:
      RHINO
      P.O. Box 591
      Evanston, IL 60204

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2010
        Say the Unsayable!
        Submit for RHINO 2011
        http://www.rhinopoetry.org/pages/submit.html

        April 1 – Oct 1
        Now accepting submissions. Please include cover letter with contact information & 3 – 5 poems, flash fiction/short-shorts (1000 words or less), or translations

        ♦ Within US: only hard copy accepted, via US mail with SASE
        ♦ International: submit via email with a single Word attachment
        ♦ Simultaneous submissions accepted if notified

        Also accepting submissions for the FOUNDERS’ PRIZE, a poetry contest with $10 entry fee & cash prizes: April 1 – Oct 1

        Find out more at www.rhinopoetry.org

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 31, 2011
          Now accepting poems, short-shorts (<1000 words), and translations via snail mail and electronic submission.

          Submissions period open 4/1 to 10/1.

          Check our website, www.rhinopoetry.org
          for more details
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 26, 2014

            Subject: Last week for general submissions to RHINO

            RHINO is a high-quality perfect-bound annual journal, with significant online content including audio poems, interviews, and online poems. We invite traditional or experimental work reflecting passion, originality, artistic conviction, and a love affair with language.  We encourage emerging and established writers throughout the United States and around the world. Submissions are read by multiple editors with various tastes, all looking for quality work. Sometimes we call ourselves “eclectic” in the best sense of the word. We are proud of the content and variety of each issue we publish.  For a list of contributors between 2001-2014, click here.

            Simultaneous submissions accepted. General submissions accepted through August 31.
            All submissions to RHINO are considered for our Editors' Prize!

            For information, including submission guidelines, events, Editors' Prize, Founders' Prize contest, and our Big Horn Blog visit  http://rhinopoetry.org/.

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2015

              Subject: RHINO: Open for submissions for the 2016 issue

              RHINO is an annual beautiful print journal with significant online content. We’re now open for general submissions for our 2016 issue!
              We have two submissions periods yearly: General submissions accepted April 1 – August 31; and Founders’ Prize submissions accepted September 1 – October 31 (with a $10 reading fee). We accept only one submission per submitter each reading period.

              Our editors look for the very best in contemporary poetry, poetry in translation and flash-fiction. We welcome all styles of poems, and value work that is well-crafted, reflects passion, originality, engagement with contemporary culture, and a love affair with language.

              Poetry  (up to 5 poems, no more than 5 pages total) – all poems also considered for our Editors’ Prize. Translations of poetry ( 3-5 poems, no more than 5 pages total).  Occasionally we award a Translation Prize. Flash fiction (500 words or less, no more than 5 pages total).
              Submissions details can be found here http://www.rhinopoetry.org/submissions/

            • CRWROPPS LIST
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 3

                RHINO Poetry is open for general submissions from April 1 – August 31.
                Founders’ Contest submissions are accepted September 1 – October 31. Reading Fee: $10
                We accept one submission per each reading period. All submissions are considered for our Editor’s Prize.
                We strongly prefer online submissions (link below).
                Our diverse group of editors looks for the very best in contemporary writing, and we have created a dynamic process of soliciting and reading new work by local, national, and international writers. We read for previously unpublished poems, translations, and flash-fiction.
                We welcome all styles of poems, and look for work which is well-crafted, reflects passion, originality, engagement with contemporary culture, and a love affair with language. All entries considered for the Editors’ Prize.
                Our basic editorial principle, however, is unwavering—we’re looking to publish the best work we can find. For additional information about what we are looking for, we have provided some resources here and frequently asked questions.  You can read more about our editors here.
                We consider (up to 5 pages total) –
                1. Poetry  ( 3-5 poems) – all poems also considered for our Editors’ Prize.
                2. Translations of poetry ( 3-5 poems) Occasionally we award a Translation Prize.
                3. Flash fiction (500 words or less)
                4. Founders’ Prize (up to 5 poems) September 1 – October 31.
                We do not consider:
                • More than one submission per reading period (Submission limit per poet/flash fiction is once for general submissions and once during Founders’ Prize reading periods)
                • Work that has been previously published on any website or in any print publication
                • Work already planned for publication in a chapbook, book, or elsewhere
                • Unsolicited reviews
                • Unsolicited interviews
                Online Submissions (preferred)
                Additionally:
                • When using our online submissions page, please be sure to add RHINO Poetry‘s submissions email address (rhinopoetryATgmailDOTcom) to your spam blocker software.
                • Translations must be accompanied by the work in its original language and the translator is responsible for the author’s permission to use his or her material (if applicable).
                • Authors receive one author copy and a discount on additional copies.
                • We invite writers we have published to read at our release party and other events.
                • We solicit recordings of the published pieces for our Big Horn Blog audio poem series.
                • Please click here for additional guidelines and submission information about the Founders’ Prize (there is no application process for the Editors’ Prize — all general submissions are considered for the Editors’ Prize)
                Mail Submissions
                • Type your manuscript. Please label each poem with your name, address, telephone number, and email address for ease in contacting you.
                • Cover letter: Tell us a little bit about you and your publications, and how you heard about RHINO Poetry.
                • Translations must be accompanied by the work in its original language and the translator is responsible for the author’s permission to use his or her material.
                • Self-addressed, stamped envelope for notification (manuscripts are recycled).
                • Send your submission by first class mail to:
                RHINO Poetry – Submissions
                P.O. Box 591
                Evanston, IL 60204