first poetry book contest: Sage Hill Press

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2010
      Sage Hill Press announces the Powder Horn Prize, a first book award for poetry
      http://www.sagehillpress.com/AboutUs.html

      Judge: Christopher Howell
      Postmark deadline: August 1, 2010
      Entry $15
      Prize: $250 and publication, with an introduction by the judge.

      Please send the manuscript (48 pgs+) and a check for $15 made out to Sage Hill Press to:
      Powder Horn Prize
      Sage Hill Press
      1024 N. Summit Blvd.
      Spokane, WA 99201

      To maintain integrity, Sage Hill Press requests that you not enter this year's contest if you have studied with, or have a close relationship with, Christopher Howell. Also, members of the editorial board will not consider submissions for which their relationship with the author might make selecting a manuscript improper. We love you, friends, but not enough to risk our reputation.