low res cw faculty sought: Oklahoma City University

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2010
      Oklahoma City University seeks applications for part-time faculty to teach in a new low-residency MFA in Creative Writing program, scheduled to begin in Summer 2011. We seek faculty committed to creative and professional writing, writing pedagogy, and teaching online as well as in workshop formats during twice-a-year residencies. Genres of interest include fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and screenwriting, although writers who cross genres, or write in a secondary, specialized genre, are also welcome to apply.
      http://bit.ly/bzDUdn

      Qualifications: Terminal degree (or demonstrated equivalent) and extensive creative publication required; college-level teaching experience and knowledge of genre-specific practices and theory preferred; knowledge of writing theory and pedagogy, and a history of professional writing employment and/or knowledge, and ability to teach online appreciated. Successful candidates must be available to attend on-campus residencies, faculty meetings, and orientations at our Oklahoma City campus. Residencies will take place in summer and winter, at times TBD.

      Compensation: Compensation is paid by task and varies upon assigned teaching load. Workload may vary depending on student enrollment and growth of the program. Travel, housing, and meals are provided for during the residencies.

      Required application materials: 1. Cover Letter (containing applicant's name, contact information, highest degree completed, and a summary of qualifications); 2. CV; 3. Statement of teaching philosophy; 4. Three references (name, contact information, and relationship to you); 5. Sample of published creative writing.

      Application deadline: To be considered for the spring/summer 2011 semester start date; submit materials by June 31, 2010. Applications received after this date will be kept on file for review as additional positions become available.

      Application instructions: Please complete our online application by clicking on the application link below. Should the link fail to work you can find the posting on our website at http://ocucareers.silkroad.com click on Employment Listings to search and apply for the position. You will be able to upload the required application materials during the online application process.

      Contact Information: Questions can be directed to Danita Berg at <drberg(at)okcu.edu>(replace (at) with @).
      Application Information
      Contact: Joey Croslin
      Human Resources