multigenre contest: Missouri Review

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2010
      Email Subject: Jeffrey E. Smith Editor’s Prize early submission special

      Email Message:
      The submission period for The Missouri Review’s 20th annual Jeffrey E. Smith Editor’s Prize is now open, and for the month of June, we are offering an early submission special.

      Contest Info

      Winners in each genre receive $5,000, a featured publication in our spring issue, and a trip to Columbia, MO for a gala reading and reception. Three finalists in each genre receive cash prizes and will also be considered for publication.

      Early Submission Special

      The contest fee includes a year-long subscription to The Missouri Review. To take advantage of our special offer, simply submit your entry between June 1st and June 30th, and your submission will automatically be upgraded to include a 5th issue, in digital format, for free.

      You may choose to receive the rest of your subscription in hard copy or in digital format. (Digital format includes full access to our print version—plus the audio version of the magazine.)

      Guidelines

      · Page restrictions: Please include no more than 25 typed, double-spaced pages for fiction and nonfiction. Poetry entries can include any number of poems up to 10 pages in total. Each story, essay, or group of poems constitutes one entry.
      · Entry fee: $20 for each entry (make checks payable to The Missouri Review). Each fee entitles the entrant to a one-year subscription to TMR (print or digital!), an extension of a current subscription, or a gift subscription. Please enclose a complete address for subscriptions.
      · Entry instructions: Include the printable contest entry form. On the first page of each submission, include author’s name, address, e-mail and telephone number. Entries must be previously unpublished and will not
      be returned. Mark the outside of the envelope “Fiction,” “Essay,” or “Poetry.” Each entry in a separate category must
      be mailed in a separate envelope. Enclose a #10 SASE or e-mail address for an announcement of winners.
      · Mailing address:
      Missouri Review Editors’ Prize
      357 McReynolds Hall
      University of Missouri
      Columbia, MO 65211
      · Go Green: Enter Online! We are also accepting electronic submissions through our website.

      For online submission: http://www.missourireview.com/submit/contest_submit.php

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 17, 2013
        Editors' Prize Guidelines
        23nd Annual
        Jeffrey E. Smith
        Editors' Prize in
        Fiction, Essay and Poetry

        Not Just Any Contest!
        http://www.missourireview.com/tmrsubmissions/editors-prize-contest/

        Select winning entries in the past have been reprinted in the Best American series.

        $5,000 Fiction | $5,000 Poetry | $5,000 Essay

        Deadline: October 1st, 2013.

        Submit online now.

        Or download the entry form (PDF) for print submissions.

        Interested in reading a past Jeffrey E. Smith Editor's Prize winner? Check out the essays "Big Jim," "Letters to David," and "My Thai Girlfriends" on textBOX, The Missouri Review`s free online anthology: www.missourireview.com/anthology

        Complete Guidelines

        (No other information is needed to enter)

        Page restrictions: Please include no more than 25 typed, double-spaced pages for fiction and nonfiction. Poetry entries can include any number of poems up to 10 pages in total. Each story, essay, or group of poems constitutes one entry.
        Entry fee: $20 for each entry (make checks payable to The Missouri Review). Each fee entitles the entrant to a one-year subscription to TMR in print or digital format (for a free sample of a digital issue, go here!), an extension of a current subscription, or a gift subscription. Please enclose a complete address for subscriptions.
        Entry instructions (for mailed entries): Include the printable contest entry form. On the first page of each submission, include author's name, address, e-mail and telephone number. Entries must be previously unpublished and will not be returned. We accept simultaneous submissions but ask for immediate notification if the piece is accepted for publication elsewhere. Mark the outside of the envelope "Fiction," "Essay," or "Poetry." Each entry in a separate category must be mailed in a separate envelope. Enclose a #10 SASE or e-mail address for an announcement of winners. Entries will not be returned.
        Eligibility: Previous winners of the Editors' Prize and previous employees of TMR are ineligible. Previous finalists, however, may enter again.
        Mailing address:
        Missouri Review Editors' Prize
        357 McReynolds Hall
        University of Missouri
        Columbia, MO 65211
        Go Green: Enter Online! We are also accepting electronic submissions.
        Download the entry form for print submissions.

        The winners will be announced in January 2014.

        If you have any questions regarding the Editors' Prize Contest, please feel free to e-mail us at: contest_questionATmoreviewDOTcom