collection seeks creative works about the dawning of sexuality

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2010
      Seeking submissions for Words for Things: How We Learn About Sex, a collection addressing the dawning of sexual awareness and sexuality. What formal and informal messages guide our sexual formation and identity? How does this initiation—literal or metaphorical—affect us in later life? How do we look back on this induction into adulthood, if that's what it is? From whom do we learn, and what are the consequences? Are there generational and social differences, or is such discovery a constant? We welcome the true, the gross, the mythic, and the humorous, in essays, memoir, creative nonfiction, or poetry. Please no fiction or porn/erotica.

      Please email submissions to editors Ed Madden, Ray McManus, and Carl Jenkinson <words4things(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @)
      as a Word document (preferred), or mail to Ray McManus, Division of Arts and Letters, University of South Carolina Sumter, 200 Miller Road, Sumter, South Carolina 29150-2498.

      Deadline for submission: September 1, 2010.