writing contest: Sport Literate

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2010
      You need not be even remotely athletic to compete in Sport Literate’s 15th Anniversary issue. Toe the line with your finest essay or poem: $200 for the best essay, $100 for the winning poem. All entries will be considered for publication, and all entrants will walk away with a copy of the historic volume. No fiction, please.

      Editors will read all entries and select finalists to be sent anonymously to our two judges: Philip Gerard will choose the best essay and Frank Van Zant will judge the poetry. Winners will be announced in September 2010. Postmark deadline is June 30, 2010.

      We strongly prefer online submissions -- see

      http://www.sportliterate.org/contest10.html
      for details. The reading fee is $15 per entry.