writing contest (no fee): Adirondack Life

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2007
      Adirondack Life Writing Contest
      https://www.adirondacklife.com

      There’s more to the Adirondack Park than its peaks and valleys, woods and
      waterways—it’s the people here who shape this place’s culture and character. That
      ’s why we’ve made profiles of people, past or present, within the Blue Line,
      the focus of our first-ever writing contest.

          Writers are encouraged to tell the stories of forgotten Adirondackers,
      living or dead, using oral histories, interviews and personal observations.
      Material should be compelling, fresh—a perusal of Adirondack Life indexes in local
      libraries will indicate who has already been profiled in the magazine’s pages—
      and written with an eye for detail and honesty. These profiles should broaden
      our knowledge of life in the Adirondacks through the region’s noteworthy
      individuals.

          Entries must be unpublished, no more than 2,000 words and no fewer than
      1,000, and postmarked by September 1, 2007. The winner, determined by
      Adirondack Life’s editorial staff, will be published in the December 2007 issue of the
      magazine and its writer will receive $500. Second- and third-place winners
      will appear on www.adirondacklife.com. Submissions, one per person (previous
      contributors to Adirondack Life are not eligible), must be sent, with a
      self-addressed stamped envelope, to Adirondack Life Writing Contest, Box 410, Jay, NY
      12941. E-mail submissions will not be accepted.