prose poetry contest: Quiddity

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22 4:29 AM
      Quiddity International Literary Journal and Public-Radio Program
      Linda Hodge Bromberg Award for Prose Poetry

      Prize: 500 USD and publication in the fall/winter 2010 print edition of Quiddity as well as public-radio broadcast (via NPR-member and PRI-affiliate WUIS)

      <http://www.sci.edu/quiddity/contests.html>;

      Postmark Deadline: May 3, 2010

      Submit your best unpublished prose poem. In honor of the award’s namesake, we are looking for works of extraordinary quiddity, works that remain with us long after we have encountered them.

      All entries should include a cover letter with author's name, brief bio, and contact information as well as the title of the work submitted. Neither the author’s name nor any identifying information should appear on the manuscript.

      Entry fee is $12 (payments may be made online, or checks may be made payable to Quiddity).

      One prose poem per entry, one entry per person: send us your best.

      U.S. submissions should include both an email address and a self-addressed, business-size (#10), stamped envelope (SASE). Electronic submissions are not accepted, but international submissions may include, in place of the SASE, an email address to which an electronic response may be sent.

      Please know that we do not confirm receipt of work unless it is accompanied by a self-addressed stamped postcard (optional). Canceled checks may be considered confirmation. Entries that do not meet the guidelines will not be considered, and entry fees will not be returned.

      All contest submissions that do meet the guidelines will be considered for regular inclusion in the journal.

      Work should be previously unpublished; simultaneous submissions with immediate notification are okay, but the contest awards only for FNASR, so works accepted elsewhere will be withdrawn from consideration, and please note: the entry fee will not be returned.
      .
      Mail entries to
      2010 Linda Bromberg Literary Award
      Quiddity
      1500 North Fifth Street
      Springfield, Illinois 62702
      USA

      Best wishes. We look forward to reading your work.