poetry and prose contest: Cincinnati Review

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 16, 2010
      The Cincinnati Review invites submissions for the second annual Robert and Adele Schiff Prose and Poetry Prizes. One winning poem and prose piece (fiction or creative nonfiction) will be chosen for publication in our 2011 prize issue, and winning authors will receive $300 each. All entries will be considered for publication in The Cincinnati Review.

      RULES
      Writers may submit up to 8 pages of poetry or 40 pages of prose, per entry. Previously published manuscripts, including works that have appeared online (in any form), will not be considered. There are no restrictions as to form, style, or content; all entries will be considered for publication. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable under the condition that you notify us if your manuscript is accepted elsewhere.

      TO ENTER
      Entry fee is your choice of either: $15 contest only or $25, which includes a one-year subscription to The Cincinnati Review. All entries will receive equal consideration. Checks should be made payable to University of Cincinnati.

      SUBMISSION PERIOD
      Submissions will be accepted by mail in June and July (postmarked). Entries must include a cover letter with the writer’s name, mailing address, telephone number, email, and the title(s) of the work(s) submitted. Please do not include the writer’s contact info on the manuscript, as submissions will be judged blindly.

      MAIL ENTRIES TO
      Schiff [Poetry or Prose] Prize
      The Cincinnati Review
      P.O. Box 210069
      Cincinnati, OH 45221-0069

      Winners will be notified October 1, and an announcement will appear on our website and in the Winter 2011 issue.
      www.cincinnatireview.com

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2011
        The Robert and Adele Schiff Prizes in Poetry and Prose

        http://www.cincinnatireview.com/blog/contests/robert-and-adele-schiff-prizes-in-poetry-and-prose/

        One winning poem and prose piece (fiction or creative nonfiction) will be chosen for publication in our 2012 prize issue, and winning authors will receive $300 each. All entries will be considered for publication in The Cincinnati Review.

[...]

        Winners will be notified October 1, and an announcement will appear on our website and in the Winter 2012 issue.
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 14, 2011
          Third annual Robert and Adele Schiff Prose and Poetry Prizes. Awards: One winning poem and prose piece (fiction or creative nonfiction) will be chosen for publication in our 2012 prize issue, and winning authors will receive $300 each. All entries will be considered for publication in The Cincinnati Review. Entry fee: your choice of either: $15 contest only or $25, which includes a one-year subscription to The Cincinnati Review. All entries will receive equal consideration. Submissions will be accepted by mail in June and July (postmarked). Deadline: July 31, 2011. Info:
          http://www.cincinnatireview.com/#/submissions/contest
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 5, 2012
            Robert and Adele Schiff Prizes in Poetry and Prose
            http://www.cincinnatireview.com/blog/contests/robert-and-adele-schiff-prizes-in-poetry-and-prose/

            The Cincinnati Review invites submissions for the fourth annual Robert and Adele Schiff Prose and Poetry Prizes. One winning poem and one prose piece (fiction or creative nonfiction) will be chosen for publication in our 2013 prize issue, and winning authors will receive $1,000 each. All entries will be considered for publication in The Cincinnati Review.
            RULES
            Writers may submit up to 8 pages of poetry or 40 pages of prose, per entry. Previously published manuscripts, including works that have appeared online (in any form) will not be considered. There are no restrictions as to form, style, or content; all entries will be considered for publication. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable under the condition that you notify us if your manuscript is accepted elsewhere.
            TO ENTER
            Entry fee is $25, which includes a one-year subscription to The Cincinnati Review. All entries will receive equal consideration. Checks should be made payable to University of Cincinnati.
            SUBMISSION PERIOD
            Submissions will be accepted by mail in June and July (postmarked). We will be accepting online entries as well, but we are still working on configuring our submission manager to enable payment for contest fees. Visit www.cincinnatireview.com/submissions for updates on that effort.
            Entries must include a cover letter with the writer’s name, mailing address, telephone number, email, and the title(s) of the work(s) submitted. Please do not include the writer’s contact info on the rest of the manuscript, as submissions will be judged blindly.
            MAIL ENTRIES TO

            Schiff [Poetry or Prose] Prize
            The Cincinnati Review
            P.O. Box 210069
            Cincinnati, OH 45221-0069

            Winners will be notified October 1, and an announcement will appear on our website and in the Winter 2013 issue.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 10, 2014

              The Cincinnati Review
               is now accepting entries for the 2014 Robert and Adele Schiff Awards in Poetry and Prose
              One poem and one prose piece (fiction or creative nonfiction) will be chosen for publication in our 2015 prize issue, and the two winners will each receive $1,000.
              The entry fee of $20 includes a year-long subscription, and submissions will be accepted fromJune 1st to July 15th
               All entries will be considered for publication. Please submit up to 8 pages of poetry or one story/essay of up to 40 pages per entry. All entries should be submitted through our online submission manager here
              For complete contest guidelines, please visit www.cincinnatireview.com or the CR blog.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 8, 2014
                Hurry! Only one week left to submit to The Cincinnati Review's 2014 Robert and Adele Schiff Awards in Poetry and Prose. One poem and one prose piece (fiction or creative nonfiction) will be chosen for publication in our 2015 prize issue, and the two winners will each receive $1,000.
                The entry fee of $20 includes a year-long subscription (two issues), and submissions will be accepted until July 15th. All entries will be considered for publication. Please submit up to 8 pages of poetry or 40 pages of prose per entry. All entries should be submitted through our online submission manager. For complete contest guidelines, please visit www.cincinnatireview.com.
                Online submissions: https://www.cincinnatireview.com/submissions/