call for poetry chapbooks: Rock Saw Press

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13 9:35 AM
      RockSaw Press, in its second year of publishing qualitychapbooks, is seeking submissions of poetry chapbook manuscripts for bothgeneral publication and the inaugural BlueSkunk Poetry Series contest.
      RockSaw Press will be reading from April 8th through August 31st, 2010. Anything postmarked before orafter these dates will be returned unread. We will only be consideringmanuscripts of poetry during this reading period. Two submissions will bechosen from the general submissions to be published (one in January and one inMay) and one winner will be chosen from the BlueSkunk Poetry Series contest and will be released at the 2011 AWP conferencein Washington D.C.
      General Submission Guidelines:
      Submissions of poetry manuscripts should be under 24 pages.Please number pages in manuscript with each new poem starting on a new page.One submission per author at a time. If you hear back from us within thereading window, feel free to submit another manuscript. Include a SASE forresponse. If you want receipt confirmation, also include as addressed andstamped postcard.
      Include a cover page with name, address, e-mail, phonenumber and title of manuscript. Also include a title page with just the title ofthe manuscript. Author name must not appear on the manuscript.
      We cannot return manuscripts so do not send your only copy.Simultaneous submissions ok if noted and we are informed immediately ifaccepted elsewhere.
      Blue Skunk PoetrySeries Contest:
      The inaugural BlueSkunk Poetry Series offers the winning author publication, 20 copies of thechapbook, and a $100 prize*. To be considered for the Blue Skunk Poetry Series, follow the general guidelines, plus:
      Add to cover page "Contest submission" and include a reading fee of $7.00 made payable to RockSawPress, or paid with well-concealed cash.
      Judging the finalists for the inaugural contest will beSteve Gehrke, author of The Pyramids ofMalpighi (2004) and Michelangelo’sSeizure (2007) among others and numerous awards.
      Submissions to the BSPS contest, if not selected, will beconsidered for general publication.
      *prize amount may go up depending on amount of submissions.
      ------------------------
      All submissions should be mailed to:
      RockSaw Press
      219 E. Spring St. D
      Mankato, MN
      56001
      ------------------------

      For more information on RockSaw Press, visit us online atRockSawPress.com or contact us via e-mail at

      <RockSawPress(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @)

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4 7:10 AM

        Blue Skunk Poetry Series Award

        RockSaw Press is seeking poetry chapbook manuscripts for the second
        annual Blue Skunk Poetry Series Award.
        Reading period: April 2nd through July 15th.
        Reading Fee: $10.
        In Spring of 2012, RockSaw Press will print the winning chapbook in a
        run of 200.
        Finalists will receive a copy of the winning chapbook.
        This year’s contest will be judged by Jude Nutter, author of I Wish I
        Had a Heart Like Yours, Walt Whitman; The Curator of Silence; and
        Pictures of the Afterlife .
        Specific guidelines can be found on the web page:
        http://www.rocksawpress.com/blueskunk.html

        Why Blue Skunk? The Blue Skunk Poetry Series is named for the literal
        translation of Mankato, the home base of RockSaw Press. When naming the
        town, the intention was to name it Mahkato, which in Dakota meant Blue
        Earth. However, thanks to a typographical error, it was named Mankato.
        Or, Blue Skunk. No one’s capitalized on the error in the literary
        world, so we thought we would.

        RockSaw Press is a small chapbook press based out of Mankato, MN. We
        are seeking manuscripts that reflect the blue collar working class, the
        Midwest, or any combination or extrapolation thereof. Our authors have
        come from all over the country. Visit us online at RockSawPress.com for
        more information.

        RockSaw Press General Submissions

        RockSaw Press is seeking poetry chapbook manuscripts for general
        publication.
        Reading period: April 2nd through July 15th.
        No reading fee.
        In Spring of 2012, RockSaw Press will publish two manuscripts in a run
        of 200 each.
        Specific guidelines can be found on the web page:
        http://www.rocksawpress.com/submit.html