fiction contest: The Writer

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2010
      To enter:
      http://www.writingclasses.com/ContestPages/writer.php

      Is your work ready to reach a wider readership? If so, then we invite you to enter The Writer 2010 Short-Story Contest.

      We're looking for original fiction on any theme that is brilliant, bold, and concise (no more than 2,000 words). We're offering great prizes and great exposure for your work, including publication in The Writer.

      What are you waiting for? Submit your entry today!

      PRIZES
      First Place: $1,000; publication, along with the finalist judge's comments, in The Writer magazine; a free 10-week creative writing workshop offered online by Gotham Writers' Workshop ($420 value); and one-year subscription to The Writer magazine.

      Second Place: $300; free enrollment in a four-week How to Get Published seminar taught online by a literary agent and Gotham Writers' Workshop ($150 value); publication on The Writer Web site (WriterMag.com); and a one-year subscription to The Writer magazine.

      Third Place: $200; free enrollment in a four-week How to Get Published seminar taught online by a literary agent and Gotham Writers' Workshop ($150 value); publication on The Writer Web site (WriterMag.com); and a one-year subscription to The Writer magazine.

      Finalist judge: Susan Breen - author of The Fiction Class and frequent contributor to The Writer.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 21, 2010
        The Writer is pleased to announce that its 2010 Short-Story Contest is now open!
        http://www.writermag.com/2010contest

        This year, we're partnering with Gotham Writers' Workshop to bring you this contest, which offers great prizes to the top three finishers:

        • First prize: $1,000; a free 10-week creative writing workshop offered online by Gotham Writers' Workshop ($420 value); publication inThe Writer and on WriterMag.com; and a one-year subscription to The Writer.

        • Second prize: $300; free enrollment in a four-week How to Get Published seminar taught online by a literary agent and Gotham Writers' Workshop ($150 value); publication on WriterMag.com; and a one-year subscription to The Writer.

        • Third prize: $200; free enrollment in a four-week How to Get Published seminar taught online by a literary agent and Gotham Writers' Workshop ($150 value); publication on WriterMag.com; and a one-year subscription to The Writer.
        Finalist judge: Susan Breen, author of The Fiction Class and frequent contributor to The Writer.

        For rules and guidelines, see WriterMag.GothamWriters.com.
        If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to <contest(at)writermag.com> (replace (at) with @)
        contest@....

        Deadline: All entries must be submitted online by midnight on May 31, 2010.