one-semester visiting fiction gig: Penn State Altoona

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2010
      Penn State Altoona. The English Program at Penn State Altoona is taking applications for a one-semester teaching residency in fiction writing. The residence, designed to offer an emerging writer substantial time to write, offers a $5,000 stipend & an additional $5,000 allowance to cover room & board in return for teaching one sophomore-level creative fiction writing workshop during the Fall 2010 semester (August 23-December 16). The resident writer will also give two readings & work informally with our English majors. Benefits are not included. We are looking for a writer with publications in literary magazines. Emphasis will be placed on the quality of the work submitted. A Master's degree in Creative Writing or English is required. Teaching experience is preferred. The application should consist of a writing sample (one short story or ten pages from a novel); a CV, including publishing history; & one or more letters of recommendation. Send to: Emerging Writer Residency, Dr. Thomas Liszka, Misciagna Family Center for Performing Arts, Pos #: B-31665, Penn State Altoona, 3000 Ivyside Park, Altoona, PA 16601-3760. Review of applications will begin May 17, 2010, & continue until the position is filled. For additional information about Penn State Altoona, please visit our web page at http://www.aa.psu.edu AA/EOE.