fiction and poetry contest: Mad Hatters Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2010
      THE FIRST ANNUAL MHR KNOCK OUR SOCKS OFF CONTEST

      http://www.madhattersreview.com/

      Mad Hatters' Review (madhattersreview (dot) com) is considering submissions of FICTION & POETRY until June 30th (11:59 p.m., USA EST).

      First prize winners in both genres will receive $250 (each) plus publication of their entries in Issue 12. The winning works of 5 runners-up in each genre will also be published in Issue 12.

      All winning entries will be published in a print anthology called “Knock Our Hats Off: A Little Book of Curious Delights.”Each winner will receive a copy of this deluxe collector’s item.

      "Fiction" and "Poetry" may be interpreted broadly. Take a walk on the wild side through our pages. Take liberties. Governments are taking them away from us, so we’re giving them away free.

      Our honorable judges:
      Cris Mazza , Fiction

      Sheila E. Murphy , Poetry

      Our entry fee and modus operandi:
      $12 per entry via PayPal to <madhattersreview(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @)

      Poetry: 3 poems max per entry.
      Fiction: 3000 words max per entry.
      By all means, enter as many times as you wish.

      All submissions must be sent to <madhattersrev(at)yahoo.com> (replace (at) with @)
      with the following information in the subject line:

      Your Name

      Genre (Fiction or Poetry)

      Title/s of submission

      Word Count

      Submitted works should be copied and pasted into the exquisite corpus of your email AND attached as an RTF Doc. If you’re submitting visual poetry or visual fiction, attach your entries as jpeg/s or gif/s. If you absolutely MUST, submit these offerings in PDF format.

      Pages of texts should be titled, but your name should only appear on the subject line of your email, as submissions will be read blind. We’ll ask for your bio and optional pic if you’re a first place winner or runner-up.