poetry contest: Crab Creek Review

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 5, 2010
      Guidelines for Crab Creek Review's 2010 Poetry Contest
      Entry Dates: Feb. 1, 2010 - May 31, 2010
      http://www.crabcreekreview.org/contest.htm

      Submit up to 5 previously unpublished poems
      Entry fee: $10, check payable to Crab Creek Review
      Please include name, address, phone number, email, and a short bio in your cover letter
      Simultaneous submissions acceptable when noted in cover letter, as long as we are notified immediately if the work is accepted elsewhere
      Include a SASE for notification of results
      Name and contact info should not appear on poems
      No electronic submissions
      Deadline for all submissions: May 31, 2010
      The winning poet will receive $200 and publication in CCR 2010 Vol. II
      All entries will be considered for publication
      Please mail all submissions to: Crab Creek Review Poetry Contest, c/o 7315 34th Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98117
      The winner will be determined by our guest judge, Nancy Pagh
      (we ask that friends, associates, and students of the judge not submit to this contest)

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 30, 2011
          Please join us for our annual Crab Creek Review Poetry Contest with our
          incredible judge, Dorianne Laux!

          Crab Creek Review Poetry Prize
          Entry Dates: March 15, 2011 - May 31, 2011
          Guest Judge: Dorianne Laux
          Prize: $200 & publication in Crab Creek Review, also *all* entries will
          be considered for publication and as finalists for this prize.

          Guidelines:
          Submit up to 5 previously unpublished poems
          Entry fee: $10, check payable to Crab Creek Review
          Please include name, address, phone number, email, and a short bio in
          your cover letter

          Simultaneous submissions acceptable when noted in cover letter, as long
          as we are notified immediately if the work is accepted elsewhere

          Include a SASE for notification of results
          Name and contact info should not appear on poems
          No electronic submissions

          Postmark deadline for all submissions: May 31, 2011

          The winning poet will receive $200 and publication in Crab Creek Review
          All entries will be considered for publication

          The winner will be determined by our guest judge, Dorianne Laux
(we ask
          that friends, associates, and students of the judge not submit to this
          contest)

          Please send submissions to:

          Crab Creek Review Poetry Contest

          c/o 7315 34th Ave NW

          Seattle, WA 98117

          Please read our complete guidelines here:
          http://www.crabcreekreview.org/contest.htm

          Crab Creek Review is a perfect-bound print literary journal dedicated
          to publishing the best writing from the Northwest and beyond. We have
          a 28-year-old history as one of Seattle's strongest and most
          well-respected independent non-profit literary journals that continues
          to play an active part in the literary community and on a national
          level.
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 14, 2012
            The 2012 Crab Creek Review's Poetry Prize
            (http://www.crabcreekreview.org/contest.htm) is currently underway!

            Winning Prize: $200 and publication in our journal. Finalists will
            also be published in Crab Creek Review and all poems submitted to the
            contest are considered for publication as well.

            Guidelines:

            ~ Submit up to 3 previously unpublished poems by EMAIL.
            ~ Entry fee: $10, payable by PayPal to Crab Creek Review.
            ~ Email submissions only.

            ~ Send your cover letter in the body of the email (not as an
            attachment). It should include your contact information: name, email,
            mailing address, a brief bio, and the names of the poems you are
            submitting.

            ~ Send your poems in a single MS Word Doc attached to your email.
            Please send your work in New Times Roman and 12 pt. font. Title your
            attachment with your full name and “Poetry Contest”. Please send your
            3 poems in one document, not three separate documents.

            ~ Name and contact info should not appear on poems.

            ~ Simultaneous submissions acceptable when noted in cover letter, as
            long as we are notified immediately if the work is accepted elsewhere.

            ~ Deadline for all submissions: May 31, 2012.

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 27, 2012
              Guidelines for Crab Creek Review's 2012 Poetry Contest

              to pay contest entry fee, go to
              http://www.crabcreekreview.org/contest.htm

              Entry Dates: March 1, 2012 - May 31, 2012

              · Submit up to 3 previously unpublished poems.
              · Entry fee: $10, payable (PayPal button at http://www.crabcreekreview.org/contest.htm) to Crab Creek Review.
              · Email submissions only.
              · Send your cover letter in the body of the email (not in an attachment). It should include your contact information: name, email, mailing address, a brief bio, and the names of the poems you are submitting.
              · Send your poems in an MS Word Doc attached to your email. Please send your work in New Times Roman and 12 pt. font. Title your attachment with your full name and "Poetry Contest". Please send your 3 poems in one document, not three separate documents.
              · Name and contact info should not appear on poems.
              · Send contest submissions to (after PayPal payment): <crabcreekcontest(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @ in sending email)
              · Simultaneous submissions acceptable when noted in cover letter, as long as we are notified immediately if the work is accepted elsewhere.
              · Deadline for all submissions: May 31, 2012.
              · The winning poet will receive $200 and publication in Crab Creek Review.
              · All entries will be considered for publication.
              · The winner will be determined by our guest judge, Susan Rich (see bio below).
              (We ask that friends, associates, and students of the judge not submit to this contest.)
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 21, 2014

                2014 Crab Creek Review Contest

                entry link:
                The entry period for the 2014 Crab Creek Review Poetry Contest begins on February 15th with entries accepted until May 15, 2014.  A $200 prize will be awarded for the winning poem.  This year's judge is Sarah Vap (Arco Iris, End of the Sentimental Journey: A Mystery Poem).   The winner and finalists will be featured in the 2014 edition of Crab Creek Review.  In addition, all entries considered for publication.

                Submission Guidelines:
                • We welcome up to 3 poems per writer, 6 pages maximum.
                • The entry fee is $10 per submission. Multiple submissions are allowed, but each batch must be submitted separately, with its own entry fee.
                • Please submit works in .doc, .docx, PDF, or .rtf format.
                • Choose a standard 12 pt font (Arial, Times New Roman or similar), and standard margins between 1” and 2”.
                • Do not include graphics or embed any objects in your document.
                • Poetry may be single spaced or double spaced.  If formatting preservation is a concern, please send your submission in PDF format.
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 21, 2014

                  Subject: Crab Creek Review Poetry Contest

                  Crab Creek Review 2014 Poetry Contest

                  A $200 prize will be awarded for a single poem.  This year's judge is Sarah Vap (Arco Iris, End of the Sentimental Journey: A Mystery Poem).   The winner and finalists will be featured in Crab Creek Review.  In addition, all entries considered for publication.

                  The 2013 contest winner, selected by Natasha Saje, is Idrissa Simmons. Her poem, Kingston, Jamaica. 3am. Passa Passa Dance Party will appear in the spring issue.

                  Submission Guidelines:
                  Submit up to 3 poems per entry. $10 entry fee. Multiple submissions are allowed, but each batch must be submitted separately, with its own entry fee.  See website for full guidelines: http://crabcreekreview.org/index.html

                  Deadline May 15, 2014.