fiction and poetry contest: New Ohio Review

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2010
      The 2010 New Ohio Review Prize
      in Fiction and Poetry
      http://www.ohio.edu/nor/submis.htm
      Contest Guidelines
      Judges: Ann Beattie in fiction, Stephen Dunn in poetry
      Postmark Deadline: May 15, 2010
      Prize: First and second place prizes of $1,500 and $500 in each genre.
      Entry Fee: $20 per entry (includes one-year subscription)
      All entries will be judged blind, therefore please submit a cover page with your name and contact information. Your name should not appear on the manuscript. Prose entries must be no longer than 25 pages double-spaced. Poetry entries are limited to four individual poems. Contest results will be announced online. If you wish to receive the results through the mail, please enclose an SASE.
      Please mail entries and payment to:
      New Ohio Review Prize
      English Dept.
      360 Ellis Hall
      Ohio University
      Athens, OH 45701
      General Guidelines
      New Ohio Review's contributors receive honoraria of $10/page for prose and $15/page for poetry, $30 minimum, in addition to two copies of the issue and a one-year subscription.
      We accept literary submissions in any genre. Translations are welcome if permission has been granted. Please do not send more than six poems in a single submission. We do not reprint previously published work.
      Our reading period is September-May, but we will consider work year-round from subscribers. Please do not submit more than once every six months. Mail submissions to:
      New Ohio Review
      English Dept.
      360 Ellis Hall
      Ohio University
      Athens, OH 45701
      We currently do not accept electronic submissions.
      Format: Please include a brief cover letter with your submission. Poems should be individually typed, either single- or double-spaced, on one side of the page. Prose should be typed double-spaced on one side and be no longer than thirty pages. Cross-genre work or any work that is unusually formatted is welcome, but please be aware that our page width and font size are restricted. We have no preferences regarding placement of author name, staples, or paper clips. Please do not include submissions in more than one genre in the same envelope.
      Simultaneous submissions: Simultaneous submissions to other journals are fine as long as you indicate so in your cover letter and inform us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
      Submissions by mail: All manuscripts and correspondence regarding submissions should be accompanied by a S.A.S.E. For international submissions, please include a stamped International Reply Coupon (I.R.C.) with your S.A.S.E. or provide a valid e-mail address. Manuscripts can only be returned if sufficient postage is included.

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13, 2010
[...]

        Checks should be made payable to New Ohio Review.