fiction book contest: Stephen F. Austin U Press

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2010
      The Stephen F. Austin State University Press
      Fiction Series
      THE STEPHEN F. AUSTIN STATE UNIVERSITY PRESS
      FICTION PRIZE
      Announcing!
      Stephen F. Austin State University Fiction Series'
      Fiction Prize
      For submissions January 1 through March 31, 2010
      One winner and up to three finalists
      will be published in 2011
      http://sfapress.sfasu.edu/resources/docs/fiction.pdf

      Stephen F. Austin State University Press invites submissions of
      manuscripts each year for its fiction series. We are committed to
      publishing diverse kinds of fiction by a diversity of writers. The
      only criterion is excellence.
      SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY):
      The series is open to all book-length manuscripts by a single author
      of at least 150 pages. Stories or excerpts previously published in
      periodicals or anthologies are eligible for inclusion.
      The editor requests that faculty, staff, and current or former
      students refrain from submitting to the series.
      Submissions will be accepted from January 1 through March 31, 2010.
      Please do not send revisions once you have sent a manuscript. Up to
      four manuscripts will be chosen by the following July 31, one of
      which will win the 1000 dollar prize.
      Manuscripts should be typed or machine-printed, double-spaced.
      Xeroxed copies are acceptable. Please do not bind manuscripts with
      anything other than a binder clip or rubber band. No electronic
      submissions will be considered.
      There is a reading fee of $25 payable by check or money order to
      Stephen F. Austin State University Press. Please do not send cash.
      Simultaneously submitted manuscripts are allowed provided we are
      notified immediately of acceptance elsewhere.
      All entries will be judged anonymously. Please enclose two title pages
      with your submission: one page should include only the title of the
      manuscript and the other should list the title of the manuscript and
      the author's name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and a
      brief, biographical statement. The author's name must not appear
      anywhere else in the manuscript.
      If you wish to be notified that your manuscript was received, please
      include an SAS postcard—small index cards will not be accepted by
      the post-office.
      If you submit a #10 SASE along with your manuscript, you will be
      notified of our decisions by July 31. Otherwise, check our Web site in
      mid-August, where the winners will be announced.
      Manuscripts will be recycled rather than returned.
      Send your manuscript and reading fee to
      Stephen F. Austin State University Press Fiction Prize
      C/O Department of English
      P.O. Box 13007 SFA Station
      Nacogdoches, TX 75962-3007
      <sfapress(at)sfasu.edu> (replace (at) with @)