call for submissions: Mandala Journal

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2010
      Mandala Journal celebrates diversity by publishing diverse voices, experiences, and aesthetics.
      <mandala.journal(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @)

      CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: previously unpublished and original poetry, nonfiction, fiction, and art for its first online issue to be published in late spring 2010.
      2010 Theme: Cosmopolitanism

      GUIDELINES
      1) 3-5 poems or up to 2500 words of prose, attached as an MSWord .doc w/ β€œ[Genre] Submission: [your name]” as the subject (for example, Poetry Submission: Gwendolyn Brooks) or art, attached as a .jpg file w/ β€œArt Submission: [your name]” as the subject (for example, Art Submission: Basquiat)

      2) in the body of your email, include: name of your attachment, name of your work, your contact info., and a brief bio

      3) do not include your name on the work in your attachment

      4) send your submission to <mandala.journal(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @)

      5) no more than one submission per genre per reading period

      Email Deadline: 11:59 p.m., February 15, 2010

      Mandala Journal is an online student-run multicultural journal for poets, writers, artists, and thinkers published by the Institute for African American Studies at The University of Georgia.

      Please note that Mandala Journal is transitioning from a print journal to an online journal, and our online presence will launch in April 2010 with the release of the 2010 issue.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2010
        http://www.mandala.uga.edu/

        Mandala Journal Call for Submissions: poetry, nonfiction, fiction & art

        Mandala Journal, an online student-run multicultural journal for poets, writers,
        artists, and thinkers, published by the Institute for African American Studies
        at The University of Georgia, is accepting submissions for the 2011 issue:
        Reconciliation.

        To submit poetry, nonfiction, fiction, or art:

        1) Read the current issue: Cosmopolitanism <mandala.uga.edu>
        2) Follow the guidelines on the submissions page of the website.

        The open submissions period runs from Oct 1, 2010 through January 15, 2011. We
        look forward to experiencing your work.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2011
          Mandala Journal is open for poetry, nonfiction, fiction, and art submissions from October 15 through February 15 this year. We only accept submissions that are relevant to the theme, follow the guidelines, and are emailed during the open submissions period. Mandala Journal celebrates diversity, and we publish diverse voices, aesthetics, and experiences. We highly recommend that you read the current and archived issues before submitting. The theme for the upcoming issue is Exodus. Please visit the website for more information on the theme.

          http://mandala.uga.edu/

          Mandala Journal is open for poetry, nonfiction, fiction, and art submissions from October 15 through February 15 this year. Please refer to the submission guidelines on our website for information about this year's theme.

          We celebrate diversity, and we publish diverse voices, aesthetics, and experiences. We publish work that moves us and makes us think. We want work that makes us wish we'd created it ourselves. We highly recommend that you read the current and archived issues before submitting.

          When we read your work, we ask:
          1) Is the piece amazing, and by what criteria?
          2) Does it fit the issue's theme?
          3) Is it in keeping with the journal's mission statement (found in the About Us section of the website)?
          4) Will this work help us create a diverse collection that we are proud to publish?

          In your cover letter, please include a short bio. Simultaneous submissions are welcome with immediate notification of acceptance elsewhere. No previously published work, please. Note that we only accept one submission per author per genre during each reading period.

          By submitting your work, you are confirming that it is original and that you hold the exclusive copyright to it.

          We look forward to experiencing your work!