Twitter-based literary review seeks submissions: escarp

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3 6:06 AM
      escarp, a selective, Twitter-based review of brief poetry and prose, is seeking submissions of brief (sub 140 character) fiction, non-fiction and poetry. While most of our submissions to date are best described as poetry or fiction, we also like to encourage the submission of brief non-fiction. Public interest in brief non-fiction is best demonstrated by the popularity of “genre” non-fiction sites, if you will—FML <fmylife.com>, MLIA <mylifeisaverage.com>, TFLN < textsfromlastnight.com>, Overheard It <overheard.it>, etc.—for which we’ve seen little “literary” competition.

      You can find us on the web at <escarp.org>.

      To submit you’ll need to:
      1.) make/have a Twitter account,
      2.) follow @escarp: <twitter.com/escarp>
      3.) wait for us to follow you back (we process follows several times a day)
      4.) submit, via direct message; specific requirements: <escarp.org/submit.php>

      Writers can expect personal submission responses within 24 hours.

      Some balk at creating a Twitter account just to submit to a journal, but we’ll note—given the proliferation of online submission management systems requiring registration—that signing up for Twitter is easier, less invasive, and can actually serve more than one purpose.