anthology seeks submissions about parenting ADD/ADHD children

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2010
      DRT Press and editor Kay Marner are thrilled to announce that everyone’s favorite ADHD expert, Dr. Edward Hallowell, will write the introduction for our upcoming anthology of parents’ personal essays, Bless Your Heart. Hallowell, a renowned psychiatrist, is the bestselling author of 16 books, including ADHD classics Driven to Distraction and Delivered from Distraction, and the newer, inspiration-filled Super Parenting for ADD.

      Hallowell’s involvement takes Bless Your Heart one giant leap toward becoming what we dream it will be—a source of affirmation and inspiration to parents raising kids who make it a challenge to stay one step ahead in the parenting game.

      Reminder--March 1 deadline for submissions is approaching!

      Call for Submissions:
      Is your child easy to love, but hard to parent? DRT Press is seeking personal essays written by parents of children with ADD, ADHD and/or other mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders for a book about the experience of parenting children with such conditions, for publication (expected) in January 2011. Compensation includes 10 copies of the completed book and unlimited discounted copies. Payment may be offered. The book will be co-edited by author/editor/publisher Adrienne Ehlert Bashista, Publisher, DRT Press and Kay Marner, a freelance writer who contributes regularly to ADDitude magazine, and blogs for ADDitudeMag.com. Soft deadline for submissions is March 1, 2010. For more information visithttp://www.drtpress.com/anthology.html. Questions may be directed to
      <kay(at)kaymarner.com> (replace (at) with @).