book contest in fiction and poetry: Prairie Schooner

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2010
      The Prairie Schooner Book Prize Series welcomes manuscripts in poetry and fiction from all living writers, including non-US citizens, writing in English. Both unpublished and published writers are welcome to submit manuscripts. Writers may enter both contests. Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but we ask that you notify us immediately if your manuscript is accepted for publication somewhere else.

      Winners will receive $3000 and publication through the University of Nebraska Press.

      Manuscripts should be mailed with a postmark before March 15th, 2010 to:
      Prairie Schooner Prize Series
      Attn: Fiction or Poetry
      201 Andrews Hall
      PO Box 880334
      Lincoln NE 68588-0334

      Any questions, please send an email to Managing Editor James Engelhardt at<jengelhardt2(at)unl.edu>
      or Prize Book Series Coordinator Cody Lumpkin at <psbookprize(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @).

      For information and a complete set of guidelines, please see our website http://prairieschooner.unl.edu/prizes/index.html.

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 19, 2016
        PRAIRIE SCHOONER BOOK PRIZE The Prairie Schooner Book Prize Series awards $3,000 and publication through the University of Nebraska Press to the winning writers of one short fiction and one poetry manuscript each year. We welcome submissions from all living writers, including non-US citizens, writing in English. Both unpublished and published writers are eligible to submit, but, we cannot consider previously published manuscripts, which includes self-publication. Fiction manuscripts should be at least 150 pages and poetry at least 50 pages long. A $25 reading fee must accompany each submission. Manuscripts will be accepted between January 15 and March 15, 2016.

        Entry portal:
        https://prairieschoonerbookprizeseries.submittable.com/submit