call for submissions: Redheaded Stepchild

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2010
      Submissions Now Open

      The Redheaded Stepchild only accepts poems that have been rejected by other magazines. We publish biannually, and we accept submissions in the months of August and February only. We do not accept previously published work. We do, however, accept simultaneous submissions, but please inform us immediately if your work is accepted somewhere else. We are open to a wide variety of poetry and hold no allegiance to any particular style or school. If your poem is currently displayed online on your blog or website or wherever, please do not send it to us before taking it down, at least temporarily.

      Submit 3-5 poems that have been rejected elsewhere with the names of the magazines that rejected the poems. We do not want multiple submissions, so please wait for a response to your first submission before you submit again. As is standard after publication, rights revert back to the author, but we request that you credit Redheaded Stepchild in subsequent republications.

      We do not accept email attachments; therefore, in the body of your email, please include the following:

      · a brief bio

      · 3-5 poems

      · the publication(s) that rejected the poems

      Send your submission to redheadedstepchildmag (at) gmail.com. Change at to @.

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2011
        The Redheaded Stepchild is open for submissions for the month of August. We only accept poems that have been rejected by other magazines. We do not accept previously published work. We do, however, accept simultaneous submissions, but please inform us immediately if your work is accepted somewhere else. For more information, visit
        http://www.redheadedmag.com/poetry/

        Send your submission to <redheadedstepchildmag(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @)