online poetry journal seeks submissions:Switched-On Gutenberg

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2010
      Switched-on Gutenberg, an on-line poetry journal is now accepting submissions for Issue 16. Our theme is Assemblage.

      We are looking for art and poetry which muses on or portrays the art of assemblage - a la Joseph Cornell, Lousie Nevelson, Andre Breton, etc. Of course, this could mean an ekphrastic poem written “to” or “interpreting” a piece of assemblage art by these artists or other collage/assemblage artists.

      But, in the larger sense, we’re looking for poems that trust the imagination to go where it will go—“leaping” poetry as it were— the kind of poetry that pulls together images that seem disparate and reassembles them to showcase new meanings, new worlds, fresh epiphanies. Examples of poets that do this are Charles Simic, Mary Rueffle, Matthew Rohrer, masters of an edginess that makes a sense you can hardly describe. We’d like the edges of this issue to blur a little, words into art, art into words. Other unique interpretations of the theme “assemblage” are welcome. Just be sure you follow the rest of the guidelines below.

      Submissions for the next issue:

      · Will be taken until March 31, 2010.
      · ONE TO THREE POEMS ONLY, not to exceed 48 lines.
      · Must be original (previously published work is okay if credits are included).
      · Simultaneous submissions are OK, if you notify us as soon as any work is accepted elsewhere.
      · Poetry can be in Text only (TXT or RTF) or in Word (DOC or DOCX) format or included in the body of the e-mail.
      · Should be e-mailed to <editor(at)switched-ongutenberg.org> (replace (at) with @). Please include your name in the subject line.

      All submissions should include:

      · your name and e-mail address
      · a short (three-line) biographical note.
      · Where you live, in case we need to contact you concerning a local reading (we are in Seattle, WA).

      We report on submissions shortly before each issue goes on-line. We plan to release Issue 16 in late-summer 2010.