call for submissions: Weave Magazine

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2010
      Weave Magazine, an independent art and literary publication, is currently accepting submissions for our fourth issue, being released in June 2010. We welcome submissions of poetry, fiction, flash fiction, nonfiction, short plays and monologues.

      The submissions period ends January 31, 2010.

      Please see submission guidelines for more detailed information:
      http://www.weavemagazine.net/2008/05/submission-guidelines.html

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 22, 2011
        Weave Magazine, an independent art and literary publication, is
        currently accepting submissions for our sixth issue, being released in
        June 2011. We welcome submissions of poetry, fiction, flash fiction,
        nonfiction, short plays and monologues.

        For more information about Weave and the work we publish, please see
        the "about" page on our website
        (http://www.weavemagazine.net/p/about.html).

        The submissions period ends January 31, 2011.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 10 1:33 PM
          Weave Magazine is now open to all submissions for its 7th issue. A print publication dedicated to promoting cultural diversity, Weave accepts the best works of literary fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, drama, and visual art that transfix, transport, and inspire. Please share your work with us at weavemagazine.net.

          Deadline: July 31, 2011

          Poetry: 3-5 poems
          Nonfiction* & Fiction: less than 3000 words
          Flash Non/Fiction: less than 1000 words
          Drama: less than 4,000 words
          Reviews: less than 2000 words
          Visual art: Black and white only

          Detailed submissions guidelines can be found here:

          http://weavemagazine.submishmash.com/Submit

          More about Weave: http://www.weavemagazine.net/p/about.html

          *Call for Creative Nonfiction submissions: Weave magazine accepts works of creative nonfiction from both emerging and established writers who strike a careful balance between the truth as it happened and the truth as the author has come to see it through the writing process. In other words, to simply tell a story that is "true" is not enough. The best creative nonfiction will demonstrate a close and methodical exploration of a subject and streamline that exploration through a rich, scenic narrative. Childhood memories, ended relationships, the birth of a child, the funeral of a dog, a trip abroad—quite literally any life experience can be turned into narrative. But the challenge—and reward—of writing creative nonfiction is in the "figuring out" of what it means in terms both personal and universal. In terms of content, Weave is looking for strong voices from diverse cultural backgrounds; however, the quality of work is our top priority when considering submissions.
          Message 4 of 4 , May 13 12:35 PM
            Weave Magazine is open to all submissions for its 10th issue. A print publication dedicated to encouraging literary diversity, Weave accepts the best works of literary fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, drama, and visual art that transfix, transport, and inspire. We are especially interested in fiction and flash for this issue. Please share your work with us at weavemagazine.net.

            Submission Guidelines: http://www.weavemagazine.net/p/submit.html

            Deadline: May 31, 2013

            Poetry: 3-5 poems
            Nonfiction & Fiction: less than 3000 words
            Flash Non/Fiction: up to 3 pieces, each less than 1000 words
            Drama: less than 4,000 words
            Visual art: Black and white only