poetry book contest: Blue Light Press

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2010
      Extended to February 20, 2010:

      The editors of Blue Light Press warmly invite you to submit a manuscript to our 2010 Blue Light Book Award Competition. Contest rules and previous winners are listed below. Please share this E-mail with other poets, and if you teach writing, please let your students know about our contest. If you have received this from a friend and want to be on our E-mail list, please send an E-mail to <Bluelightpress(at)aol.com> (replace (at) with @).
      and let us know.

      BLUE LIGHT PRESS
      Announces
      THE 2010 BLUE LIGHT BOOK AWARD

      Guidelines:

      1. Blue Light Press is dedicated to the publication of poetry that is imagistic, inventive, emotionally honest, and pushes the language to a deeper level of insight. We are a collective of poets, and our books are artistically designed.

      2. Please note our new address. To enter, send a manuscript of 50 to 80 pages of poetry, typed or printed with a laser or inkjet printer, to:

      Diane Frank, Chief Editor
      Blue Light Press
      1563 - 45th Ave.
      San Francisco, CA 94122

      3. Submit your manuscript between September 1, 2009 and February 15, 2010. Extended to February 20, 2010

      4. Include a reading fee of $20.00 - check payable to Blue Light Press.

      5. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope for results. We must have a SASE to correspond with you. No manuscript will be returned without a SASE.

      6. Please do not send manuscripts by registered or certified mail, as this requires a trip to the post office. If you want confirmation of receipt, include a postcard with your manuscript. We are not strict about deadlines – if your manuscript comes a few days late, we will still read it.

      7. The winner will be announced in June, 2010. The winning book will go into production in September or October of 2010, depending on our production schedule.

      8. Winner will receive 10 copies of the book and a 30% royalty on book sales thereafter. The book will be distributed by Ingram, Amazon.com, any bookstore you suggest, and published in cooperation with our partner, 1st World Library.

      9. If you win the contest, you will need to give us your manuscript on disk. Acceptable formats:
      IBM - MSWord or RTF (Rich Test Format).
      Macintosh - Clarisworks, Quark Express, Word, or RTF (Rich Test Format).

      Books by Blue Light Press:

      Recent books include poets Rustin Larson, Nancy Berg, Alice Rogoff, Stewart Florsheim, Diane Frank, Andrena Zawinski, Barry and Steve Benson, Michelle Demers, Stephen Schneider, Suzanne Niedermeyer, Christopher Buckley, Leah Shelleda, Nancy Tupper-Ling, Kevin Zepper, and Ken McCullough. In 2010, look for books by Tony Krunk, Paul Fisher, Mary Kay Rummel, Scott Caputo, and our new anthology.

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 10, 2010
        The editors of Blue Light Press warmly invite you to submit a
        manuscript to our Blue Light Book Award Competition. Please share our
        guidelines with other poets, and if you teach writing, please let your
        students know about our contest.
        http://bluelightpress.com/contestsFull.php
        THE BLUE LIGHT BOOK AWARD
        Guidelines:
        1. Blue Light Press is dedicated to the publication of poetry that is
        imagistic, inventive, emotionally honest, and pushes the language to a
        deeper level of insight.
        2. To enter, send a manuscript of 50 to 80 pages of poetry, typed or
        printed with a laser or inkjet printer, to: Blue Light Press Book
        Award, 1563 - 45th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94122
        3. Submit your manuscript between September 1 and January 30.
        4. Include a reading fee of $20.00 - check payable to Blue Light Press.
        5. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope for results. We must have
        a SASE to correspond with you. No manuscript will be returned without a
        SASE.
        6. The winner will be announced in May or June. The winning book will
        go into production in September or October, depending on our production
        schedule.
        7. If you win the contest, you will need to give us your manuscript on
        disk. Acceptable formats:
        PC or Mac - using Word or RTF (Rich Text Format).
        8. Winner will receive 10 copies of the book and a 30% royalty on book
        sales thereafter. The book will be distributed by Ingram, Amazon.com,
        any bookstore you suggest, and published in cooperation with our
        partner, 1st World Publishing.
        9. Please do not send manuscripts by registered or certified mail, as
        this requires a trip to the post office. If you want confirmation of
        receipt, include a postcard with your manuscript. We are not strict
        about deadlines— if your manuscript comes a few days late, we will read
        it.