poetry writing position: Kent State

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2010
      Kent State University. The Department of English will hire a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Poetry Writing, beginning August 2010. We seek a published poet, who is qualified to teach in our undergraduate program & in the Consortial Northeast Ohio Universities Master of Fine Arts (NEOMFA) in Creative Writing program. Candidates should have a strong publication record & teaching experience in creative writing. Northeast Ohio supports a flourishing writing community, including Kent State’s Wick Poetry Center which promotes opportunities for emerging & established poets & poetry audiences locally, regionally, & nationally. Competitive salary & benefits & opportunities for full semester & summer research appointments & pre-tenure workload releases. Teaching will include undergraduate poetry-writing courses & portfolio direction for students in our Writing Minor, as well as graduate courses in poetry-writing & thesis direction in the MFA program. An MFA or PhD in Creative Writing is required by time of appointment in August 2010. For a complete description of this position & to apply online, visit our jobsite at: <http://jobs.kent.edu>for position number 991014 & complete an academic data form. In addition, please submit by January 15 a cover letter, vita, names of three (3) references, & a sample of published work letters of recommendation to: Professor Ron Corthell, Chair, Department of English, Kent State University, P.O. Box 5190, Kent, OH 44242-0001. Attn: Creative Writing Search Committee.