short story contest: Gemini Magazine

    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 2, 2010
      Gemini Magazine is pleased to announce its Short Story Contest featuring a grand prize of $1,000.
      http://www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

      There are no restrictions on content, style, genre or length--just send your best. Second place wins $100 and there will also be three honorable mentions. All five finalists will be published in the May 2010 issue.

      Entry fee: $4. Deadline: March 31, 2010.
      Full details at www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html.

      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 5, 2011
        Gemini Magazine is pleased to announce its 2011 Short Story Contest
        featuring a grand prize of $1,000.
        Absolutely no restrictions on content, style, genre or length--just
        send your best. Second place wins $100 and there will also be three
        honorable mentions. All five finalists will be published in the June
        2011 issue.

        Entry fee: $4. Deadline: March 31, 2011. Full details at
        www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html
        Thank you.
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 24, 2011
          THE
          Gemini Magazine
          SHORT STORYCONTEST
          GRAND PRIZE: $1,000
          2nd PLACE: $100
          HONORABLE MENTION (3)
          ENTRY FEE: $4
          DEADLINE: March 31, 2011

          All Five Finalists Will Be Published in
          The June 2011 Issue of Gemini

          No restrictions on content, style, genre or length. Flashes,
          novel excerpts, experimental, mainstream, literary, noir,
          romance—all types of short fiction are welcome. Simply send
          your best unpublished work by email or snail mail.

          We publish both new and established writers. Everyone gets
          a chance. Two of the three winners of our fiction contests
          were previously unpublished.

          To enter online, visit
          http://www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

          TO ENTER BY SNAIL MAIL:

          1. Mail entry with $4 check or money order, payable to
          Gemini Magazine, to:

          Contest, Gemini Magazine, P.O. Box 1485, Onset, MA 02558

          (include $4 for each additional entry)

          postmark deadline: March 31, 2011
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 9, 2011
            Gemini Magazine is pleased to announce its 2012 Short Story Contest featuring a grand prize of $1,000.

            Absolutely no restrictions on content, style, genre or length--just send your best. Second place wins $100 and there will also be three honorable mentions. All five finalists will be published online in the June 2012 issue of Gemini.

            Entry fee: $4. Deadline: March 31, 2012. Full details at

            www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 16, 2013
              David Bright, Editor

              Gemini Magazine

              http://www.gemini-magazine.com/

              editor@...

              339-309-9757

              Gemini Magazine is pleased to announce its fourth annualShort Story Contest featuring a grand prize of $1,000. Second place wins $100and three honorable mentions each receive $25. All five finalists will bepublished online in the June 2013 issue of Gemini.

              Entry fee: $4. Deadline: April 1, 2013.

              Both published and unpublished writers have won our ShortStory Contests. Entries are read blind so everyone has a fair chance.

              Absolutely no restrictions on content, style, genre or length. Topics offinalists’ stories have been as varied as prostitution, the Irish RepublicanArmy, an annoying BlackBerry user, and death in Nairobi.

              Full details at www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 21, 2014

                The deadline for the fifth annual Gemini Magazine Short Story Contest is March 31, 2014.

                The Grand Prize is $1,000. Second place wins $100 and there will also be three honorable mentions ($25 each). All five finalists will be published online in the June 2014 issue of Gemini.

                The competition is completely open: no restrictions on content, style, genre or length, so just send your best unpublished work.

                Entry fee: $5. Enter by email or snail mail.

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 15, 2015

                  The G rand Prize for the sixth annual Gemini Magazine Short Story Contest is $1,000 while the entry fee is just $5. Second place wins $100 and there will also be three honorable mentions ($25 each).

                  We have no rules and all entries are read blind so everyone gets an equal chance. Previous winning stories have involved topics as diverse as prostitution, The Troubles in Northern Ireland , anorexia, and a topless dental hygienist.

                  Deadline: March 31, 2015 . Enter by email or snail mail.

                  All five finalists will be published online in the June 2015 issue of Gemini.

                  More information at www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 29, 2015

                    The deadline for the sixth annual Gemini Magazine Short Story Contest is Tuesday, March 31, 2015 . The competition is open to all.

                    -         Grand prize: $1,000
                    -         Second place: $100
                    -         Three honorable mentions: $25 each
                    -         Entry fee: $5
                    -         All entries are read blind so everyone gets an equal chance

                    We are open to any subject, style or length. Previous winning stories have involved topics as diverse as prostitution, The Troubles in Northern Ireland , and anorexia.

                    All five finalists will be published online in the June 2015 issue of Gemini.

                    Enter by email or snail mail.

                    More information at www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 20, 2016

                      Subject: short story contest: Gemini Magazine

                      Gemini Magazine Short Story Contest

                      $1,000 prize plus four additional cash awards. Open to any subject, style or length. All five finalists will be published online in June. Entry fee: $5. We are committed to keeping entry fees low so writers don't have to break the bank just to participate.

                      We welcome writers from all walks of life. All entries are read blind so everyone gets an equal chance.

                      This is our seventh annual Short Story Contest. We have no rules. Read any of the 31 previous winners and finalists online to see what we like.

                      Deadline: March 31.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 28, 2016

                        Got a great story? Consider entering the seventh annual Gemini Magazine Short Story Contest. The competition is open to all and the deadline is Thursday, March 31, 2016.

                           *  Grand prize: $1,000

                           *  Second place: $100

                           *  Three honorable mentions: $25 each

                           *  Entry fee: $5

                           *  All entries are read blind so everyone gets an equal chance

                        We are open to any subject, style or length. Read any of the 30+ previous winners/finalists on our website to see the diverse range of work we have selected.

                        All five finalists will be published online in the June 2016 issue of Gemini.

                        Enter by email or snail mail.

                      • CRWROPPS LIST
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 26

                          Hello Ms. Joseph. I hope you will consider posting our contest announcement. Thank you.

                          Gemini Magazine Short Story Contest

                          First Prize for the eighth annual Gemini Magazine Short Story Contest is $1,000 while the entry fee is just $5. Second prize is $100 and there will also be three honorable mentions ($25 each).

                          We have no restrictions on subject, style or length, and all entries are read blind so everyone gets an equal chance. Previous winning stories have involved topics as diverse as:

                          - a Siamese twin who fears her twin sister is plotting to kill her

                          - a movie star sex goddess in an almost completely asexual society

                          - a young Belfast boy who joins the IRA after his sister is killed by British soldiers

                          - a prostitute traumatized by the suicide of a girl in her rooming house

                          Deadline: March 31, 2017. Enter by email or snail mail.

                          All five finalists will be published online in the June 2017 issue of Gemini.

                          Read all previous winners and finalists, and enter at www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html.
                        • CRWROPPS LIST
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 21

                            Subject: Short Story Contest deadline

                            The deadline for the eighth annual Gemini Magazine Short Story Prize is March 31. We are open to any subject, writing style or word count.

                            • Grand prize: $1,000
                            • Second prize: $100
                            • Three honorable mentions: $25 each
                            • Entry fee: $5 (email or snail mail)
                            • All entries are read blind
                            We welcome writers from all walks of life. All five finalists will be published online in the June 2017 issue of Gemini. Read any of the three dozen previous winners and finalists online to see the diverse work we have published.