poetry contest: Potomac Review

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2009
      Potomac Review Poetry Contest
      Potomac Review has $1000 for you! (If you're a poet.)
      $1000 Prize given to the winning poem (and poet). Second place receives $250.
      Winning Poem will be published in an upcoming issue.
      Second place will receive online or print publication; semifinalist will be announced on our website and considered for publication.
      All entrants receive a free one year subscription (valued at $20!).
      $20 entry fee.
      Deadline: February 1st
      http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/potomacreview/poetry-contest-announce-fall-09.html

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 22, 2010
        The deadline for Potomac Review's biennial Poetry Contest is drawing near. Winning poet receives $1,000 and publication. Second place takes home $250 and publication. All entries will be considered for publication and given a one year subscription. Published poems will appear in our Best American Series recognized journal, next to Elizabeth Spires, David Wagoner, and other great poets we've published.

        Finalists will be announced two weeks after our Feb. 1st deadline. For more info, see our guidelines or read below.

        Send up to 3 poems (up to 6 pages) along with $20 reading fee payable to Montgomery College/Potomac Review. All entrants will receive a one-year (2 issues) subscription to the Potomac Review.

        Put author's name and address on the cover letter only. Include a cover letter (including contact info and names of poems), and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) for contest results. Entries will not be returned.

        All poems must be typed and previously unpublished; no name or address should appear on the poems themselves.

        Online submissions are accepted at <http://www.potomacreview.org/prsp/>by submitting under the genre "contest," although your entry fee will still have to be received through the mail.

        Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but please note this in your cover letter and notify us immediately of acceptance elsewhere.

        Contest deadline is February 1, 2010.

        Winners announced February 15, 2010.

        The winning poem will appear in the upcoming issue of Potomac Review.

        The second place poem will be published on the Potomac Review website. Semifinalists will be listed on the website and considered for online and print publication.