poetry position: Kent State Univ

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2009
      Tenure-track Assistant Professor position in poetry writing. Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate poetry-writing courses and portfolio direction for students in our writing minor, as well as graduate courses in poetry writing and thesis direction in the NEOMFA program.

      Candidates should have a strong publication record and teaching experience in creative writing. An MFA or Ph.D in creative writing is required by time of appointment in August 2010.
      We seek a published poet, who is qualified to teach in our undergraduate program and in the Consortial Northeast Ohio Universities Masters of Fine Arts (NEOMFA) in creative writing program.
      Application Information

      Contact:
      Kent State University

      Online App. Form:
      http://jobs.kent.edu

      Job Description Title
      F/T Tenure Track Faculty

      Working Title
      Faculty Tenure Track-9 Mo

      Position Number
      991014

      Home Organization
      English - Kent Campus (100133)

      Campus
      Kent

      Job Open Date
      11-25-2009

      Job Close Date
      (1 week, 2 weeks, etc?)
      Open Until Filled

      Pay Grade
      9

      Basic Function

      Contract Length
      9 month

      Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
      Tenure-track Assistant Professor position in poetry writing. Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate poetry-writing courses and portfolio direction for students in our writing minor, as well as graduate courses in poetry writing and thesis direction in the NEOMFA program.

      Leadership and Supervision

      Minimum Qualifications
      Education and Experience
      Other Knowledge, Skills, and
      Abilities
      Candidates should have a strong publication record and teaching experience in creative writing. An MFA or Ph.D in creative writing is required by time of appointment in August 2010.

      Additional Information
      (Unique characteristics or needs of the position)
      We seek a published poet, who is qualified to teach in our undergraduate program and in the Consortial Northeast Ohio Universities Masters of Fine Arts (NEOMFA) in creative writing program.

      Must pass a security check.

      Work Schedule

      Salary Base

      Physical Requirements

      Disclaimer
      The intent of this description is to illustrate the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and should not be interpreted to describe all the specific duties and responsibilities that may be required in any particular position. Directly related education/experience beyond the minimum stated may be substituted where appropriate at the discretion of the Appointing Authority. Kent State University reserves the right to revise or change job duties, job hours, and responsibilities.

      Position Category
      Faculty

      Specific Contact or Mailing Instructions:
      Please complete an Academic Data form. In addition, please submit by January 15, 2010 a cover letter, vita, three (3) letters of recommendation, and offprints or copies of published work to: Professor Ron Corthell, Chair, Department of English, Kent State University, P.O. Box 5190, Kent, Ohio 44242-0001. Attn: Creative writing search committee.

      =