poetry chapbook contest: Codhill Press

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 18, 2007
      Codhill Press Chapbook Award

      $500 cash prize and fifty copies

      Judge: Pauline Uchmanowicz

      Manuscripts are judged anonymously. Codhill Press will consider all finalists
      for
      publication.
      Guidelines

      The competition is open to any poet who writes in English. Previously
      published
      poems with proper acknowledgement are acceptable. Translations and previously
      self-published books are not eligible.

      Poets should submit twenty to thirty pages (no more than one poem per page)
      plus
      SASE for contest results and $20 reading fee. Manuscripts should be on good
      quality
      white paper, paginated consecutively, with a table of contents and
      acknowledgements and bound with a clip. Include two cover pages, one with the
      title of the manuscript alone, and a second with your name, address, phone
      number,
      and email address, together with the title. Your name must not appear
      anywhere
      else on the manuscript.

      Entries must be postmarked before November 14, 2007.

      No UPS or FedEx. You may include a SASE postcard for confirmation.
      Manuscripts
      will not be returned. Simultaneous submissions to other publishers are
      permitted,
      but Codhill Press must be notified immediately if the manuscript is accepted
      elsewhere.

      Mail manuscript and entry fee to:

      Pauline Uchmanowicz
      Codhill Poetry Chapbook Prize
      P.O. Box 280
      Bloomington, NY 12411-0280

      Contest Procedures and Ethical Concerns.

      Codhill Press is committed to safeguarding the integrity of its contest. You
      should
      not enter if you have studied with the judge or received her help in shaping
      manuscript. Similarly, in order to avoid any impropriety, the judge is
      instructed to
      set aside any manuscript she has had a hand in creating. Codhill subscribes
      to the
      CLMP contest code of ethics, and agrees to

      1. conduct our contest as ethically as possible and to address any unethical
      behavior on the part of our readers, judges, or editors;

      2. provide clear and specific contest guidelines--defining conflict of
      interest for all
      parties involved; and

      3. make the mechanics of the selection process available to the public.

      Additional considerations.

      Before you submit a manuscript to the Codhill competition, please read the
      work of
      the poets we publish. We publish a diversity of approaches, from the formal
      to the
      openly experimental. Codhill has published books by poets in academe and by
      poets having no connection to academics. We have published books that are
      accessible and ones that are abstract and demanding--and the range between.
      All
      publications rely on vivid language use, a musicality, technique, importance
      of
      content, and a willingness to take risks.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 14, 2008
        Codhill Press Chapbook Award

         http://www.codhill.com/award2008.html

        $500 cash prize and fifty copies

        Judge: Pauline Uchmanowicz

        Manuscripts are judged anonymously. Codhill Press will consider all finalists for publication. Please see our Chapbook Award 2007 page for a list of last year's winner and finalists.

        Guidelines

        The competition is open to any poet who writes in English. Previously published poems with proper acknowledgement are acceptable. Translations and previously self-published books are not eligible.

        Poets should submit twenty to thirty pages (no more than one poem per page) plus SASE for contest results and $20 reading fee. Manuscripts should be on good quality white paper, paginated consecutively, with a table of contents and acknowledgements and bound with a clip. I nclude two cover pages, one with the title of the manuscript alone, and a second with your name, address, phone number, and email address, together with the title. Your name must not appear anywhere else on the manuscript.

        Entries must be postmarked before November 30, 2008.

        No UPS or FedEx. You may include a SASE postcard for confirmation. Manuscripts will not be returned. Simultaneous submissions to other publishers are permitted, but Codhill Press must be notified immediately if the manuscript is accepted elsewhere.

        Mail manuscript and entry fee to:

        Pauline Uchmanowicz
        Codhill Poetry Chapbook Prize
        P.O. Box 280
        Bloomington, NY 12411-0280

        Contest Procedures and Ethical Concerns.

        Codhill Press is commi
        tted to safeguarding the integrity of its contest. You should not enter if you have studied with the judge or received her help in shaping a manuscript. Similarly, in order to avoid any impropriety, the judge is instructed to set aside any manuscript she has had a hand in creating. Codhill subscribes to the CLMP contest code of ethics, and agrees to

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 17, 2008
          Codhill Press Chapbook Award
          $500 cash prize and fifty copies
          Judge = Pauline Uchmanowicz
          Manuscripts judged anonymously.
          Codhill Press will consider all finalists
          for publication. Competition open to
          any poet who writes in English.
          Previously published poems with
          proper acknowledgement are acceptable.
          Translations and previously
          self-published books are not eligible.
          Poets should submit twenty to thirty
          pages (no more than one poem per
          page) plus SASE for contest results
          and $20 reading fee. Manuscripts
          should be on good quality white
          paper, paginated consecutively, with
          a table of contents and acknowledgements
          and bound with a clip. Include two cover
          pages, one with the title of the manuscript
          alone, and a second with your name,
          address, phone number, and email
          address, together with the title. Your
          name must not appear anywhere
          else on the manuscript. No UPS or
          FedEx. Include SAS postcard for
          confirmation. Manuscripts not returned.
          Sim subs okay with notification.
[...]
          Deadline: Nov. 30, 2008 (postmarked by)

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 12, 2008

[...]

            Deadline:
            Nov. 30, 2008 (postmarked by)

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 12, 2009
              Codhill Press Chapbook Award
              http://www.codhill.com/award2009.html

              $500 cash prize and fifty copies
              Judge: Pauline Uchmanowicz
              Manuscripts are judged anonymously. Codhill Press will consider all finalists
              for publication. Please see our Chapbook Award 2008 page for a list of last
              year's winner and finalists.

              Guidelines
              The competition is open to any poet who writes in English. Previously published
              poems with proper acknowledgement are acceptable. Translations and previously
              self-published books are not eligible.
              Poets should submit twenty to thirty pages (no more than one poem per page) plus
              SASE for contest results and $20 reading fee. Manuscripts should be on good
              quality white paper, paginated consecutively, with a table of contents and
              acknowledgements and bound with a clip. Include two cover pages, one with the
              title of the manuscript alone, and a second with your name, address, phone
              number, and email address, together with the title. Your name must not appear
              anywhere else on the manuscript.
              Entries must be postmarked before November 30, 2009.

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 14, 2010
                2010 Codhill Poetry Chapbook Award

                http://www.codhill.com/award2010.html

                Prize: $1000 cash prize and fifty copies

                Judge: Pauline Uchmanowicz

                Manuscripts are judged anonymously. Codhill Press will consider all finalists for publication.

                Guidelines

                The competition is open to any poet who writes in English. Previously published poems with proper acknowledgement are acceptable. Translations and previously self-published books are not eligible.

                Poets should submit twenty to thirty pages (no more than one poem per page) plus SASE for contest results and $25 reading fee. Manuscripts should be on good quality white paper, paginated consecutively, with a table of contents and acknowledgements and bound with a clip. Include two cover pages, one with the title of the manuscript alone, and a second with your name, address, phone number, and email address, together with the title. Your name must not appear anywhere else on the manuscript.

                Entries must be postmarked by November 30, 2010.

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 29, 2011
                  2011 Codhill Poetry Chapbook Award
                  Distributed by SUNY Press
                  http://www.codhill.com/award2011.html

                  Prize: $1000 cash prize and fifty copies

                  Manuscripts are judged anonymously. Codhill Press will consider all finalists for publication. Please see our Chapbook Award 2010 page for a list of last year's winner and finalists.

                  Guidelines
                  The competition is open to any poet who writes in English. Previously published poems with proper acknowledgment are acceptable. Translations and previously self-published books are not eligible.

                  Poets should submit twenty to thirty pages (no more than one poem per page) plus SASE for contest results and $25 reading fee. Manuscripts should be on good quality white paper, paginated consecutively, with a table of contents and acknowledgments and bound with a spring-clip. Include two cover pages, one with the title of the manuscript alone, and a second with your name, address, phone number, and email address, together with the title. Your name must not appear anywhere else on the manuscript.

                  Entries must be postmarked by December 10, 2011.

                  For more about Codhill books, please visit our website: www.codhill.com