call for submissions: New Plains Review

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2009
      The New Plains Review, the recent literary home of such authors as Stephen Dunn, Billy Collins, Galway Kinnell, and Julianna Baggott, seeks quality fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction.
      http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/newplains/

      We are interested in poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction that is thoughtful and compelling, but otherwise we do not have any specific guidelines for style or subject matter. We no longer arrange issues with thematic topics. On occasion, we do publish issues with special sections; always look at our Special Section announcements on our website before submitting.
      We do accept simultaneous submissions. We do not accept previously published work. Your submission gives us permission to publish your work online. At this time, we do not pay upon publication. Each submission is, however, automatically eligible for the editors’ prize.*
      Submit your poetry, fiction, or creative nonfiction by January 15th for our Spring Issue to<shayNewPlains(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @)>. Allow 6-8 weeks for response. Attach submissions in either Word (.doc or .docx) or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Please include type of submission (poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction) in the subject line.
      Back issues of New Plains Review are $10, when available. E-mail <newplainsreview(at)yahoo.com> (replace (at) with @)
      newplainsreview@... or call our office at 405-974-5613 to place an order.
      *On occasion, an editors' prize is awarded. Student writing prizes are also awarded periodically. These prizes will be announced on our homepage.

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 22, 2010
        New Plains Review
        Call for Submissions

        We are interested in poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction that is thoughtful and compelling, but otherwise we do not have any specific guidelines for style or subject matter. We no longer arrange issues with thematic topics, but be sure to check out our Special Section online for announcements as each issue usually contains a section focused on a specific topic relevant to Oklahoma and the Plains.

        We do accept simultaneous submissions. We do not accept previously published work. Your submission gives us permission to publish your work online. At this time, we do not pay upon publication. Each submission is, however, automatically eligible for the editors' prize. $500 Editors’ Prize available for winning submission.

        Submit your poetry, fiction, or creative nonfiction by August 15 to <shayNewPlains(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @). Allow 6-8 weeks for response. Attach submissions in either Word (.doc or .docx) or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Please include type of submission (poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction) in the subject line.

        Please see the Editorial Guidelines section of our website for more details:
        http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/newplains/