visiting position in poetry: St. Lawrence Univ

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2009
      St. Lawrence University. The English Department at St. Lawrence University invites applications for a one-year, visiting position in poetry. The successful candidate will teach both levels of our coursework in introductory & advanced poetry writing. Ability to offer coursework in early British literature is also desirable. Normal teaching load is three courses per semester. PhD preferred. We encourage applications from candidates who bring diverse cultural, ethnic, theoretical, & national perspectives to bear on their writing & teaching. The successful candidate will join a department with a commitment to excellence in teaching, & to a program founded upon the essential relationship between creative expression & the study of literature. Please send a letter of application, a CV, & sample syllabi for two relevant courses to: Poetry Search Committee, Department of English, St. Lawrence University, Canton, NY 13617. Review of Applications begins on November 15, 2009 & will continue until the position is filled.