special issue on Illinois (deadline extended): Crab Orchard Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2009
      Special Issue: Land of Lincoln, Writing from and about Illinois
      www.craborchardreview.siuc.edu
      CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW is seeking work for our Summer/Fall 2010 issue focusing on writing by Illinois writers and writing from writers outside Illinois about the people, places, past and present of Illinois.
      NB: We are especially interested in seeing poems about Illinois' distinctive neighborhoods and cities and its political, cultural and social history.
      All submissions should be original, unpublished poetry, fiction, or literary nonfiction in English or unpublished translations in English (we do run bilingual, facing-page translations whenever possible). Please query before submitting any interview.

      For our general submission guidelines, click on the link above or below.

      Mail submissions to:

      CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW

      Land of Lincoln issue

      Faner 2380, Mail Code 4503

      Southern Illinois University Carbondale

      1000 Faner Drive

      Carbondale, IL 62901

      United States of America

      The submission period for this issue is August 1, 2009 through November 20, 2009. We will be reading submissions throughout this period and hope to complete the editorial work on the issue by the end of February 2010. Writers whose work is selected will receive $25 (US) per magazine page ($50 minimum for poetry; $100 minimum for prose) and two copies of the issue. Send SASE for manuscript return or for our reply.
      Address correspondence to:

      Allison Joseph, Editor & Poetry Editor

      Carolyn Alessio, Prose Editor

      Jon Tribble, Managing Editor