flash fiction contest: Blue Earth Review

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 22, 2009
      Blue Earth Review’s Seventh Annual Flash Fiction Contest opens September 1, 2009.
      http://www.english2.mnsu.edu/ber/contests.html

      We want only your brightest, boldest flash fiction—work that breaks boundaries in genre and content. The only requirement is that each entry is 600 words or less.
      Reading fee is $5 for up to three entries. You can enter online by going to our Submission Manager
      at <http://www.mnsu.edu/blueearth/submissions/index.php>

      and pay online by visiting <https://secure.mnsu.edu/eventsconferences/?department=BER>.
      Please note: Unlike previous years, we will only accept submissions for the contest online, unless you have a really good excuse, in which case you should e–mail the editors first.
      Put all entries in the same document—either a Microsoft Word document (.doc) or Rich Text (.rtf) file. Make sure to select "Flash Fiction Contest" in the genre drop down box.
      Deadline is December 1, 2009.
      All entries received after the deadline will be read as fiction submissions but not considered for the contest. All entries will also be considered for general publication unless otherwise marked.

      Three winners will be chosen and awarded $100, $75, and $25.
      Winners will be announced sometime in February and the three winning pieces will be published in the Spring 2009 issue of Blue Earth Review.