fiction position: Rhodes College

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2009
      Rhodes College. The English Department at Rhodes College seeks a Fiction Writer to join the Department at the level of Assistant Professor (Tenure Track). We seek a published fiction writer, with specialties in American or other literatures, to teach a 2/3 load in our Creative Writing & Literature track within the English Department. We encourage applicants with an MFA &/or PhD in Creative Writing or Literature in hand or expected by August 2010. The candidate must demonstrate evidence of teaching excellence in both literature & creative writing, with the capacity to develop new courses in his or her areas of expertise. We seek a candidate with a strong record & potential for publication, who will join an academically rigorous department. Class sizes range from 15 to 25 students. Salary & benefits are competitive, with support for research & travel. Hardcopy Letter, c.v., & dossier containing three professional references by November 6 for MLA interviews to: Tina Barr, Chair, Search Committee, Department of English, Rhodes College, 2000 North Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112. Applications will be acknowledged electronically by support staff. EOE.