call for submissions: Hinchas de Poesia

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 8, 2009
      The online literary journal Hinchas de Poesia (www.hinchasdepoesia.com) would like to announce that the reading period for their winter issue will run from
      October 1, 2009 to December 15, 2009.

      Hinchas de Poesia is an on-line digital codex dedicated to modern Pan-American writing, and they need your assistance!

      You can help Hinchas de Poesia by submitting your evocative and innovative work to the endeavor of their second issue.
      Los Hinchas appreciate work of a devastating caliber, regardless of medium. Therefore, please submit your poetry, fiction, non-fiction, photography and painting to their editors for perusal.

      While they surely don’t mind accepting multiple submissions, please do inform them once your work is accepted elsewhere.

      To date, Hinchas de Poesia has generated substantial interest. Their inaugural issue attracted over 2,500 visitors, and they have received an average of 500 visitors per
      month since the website launch.

      They have done this without seeking remuneration or material glory; they have done this simply to big-up Pan-Americans like yourselves and the myriad mongrel factions that exist on our monocontinent.

      Hinchas asks contributors to submit work as attachments in .doc or .pdf formats to: <hinchasdpoesia(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @).

      If you are submitting images electronically, please ensure they fall within our requirements: 2400 pixels wide (high res) at 72 dpi.
      To ensure compatibility, please only attach images as .jpegs; attachments, however, s
      hould not exceed 24 MBs.
      If you are sending multiple images that exceed this capacity, then please send images separately.

      , . . .

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 30, 2010
        OPEN CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

        Hinchas de Poesia—an online digital codex dedicated to modern Pan-American writing—is now soliciting submissions for its Fall 2010 issue. Hinchasseeks to publish innovative, experimental work of a devastatingcaliber, regardless of format, medium, or language. Please send us workthat you are unsure about, using language that belies the contours of anameless gloss. Submissions will heretofore be regarded as poetry,fiction, poetry in translation, non-fiction, and photography andpainting.

        To date, Hinchas de Poesia has generatedsubstantial interest with over 7,500 visitors interacting with ourwebsite, at an average of at least 55 visitors per month. Our onlineissues are released quarterly and Hinchas Press, an imprintdedicated to publishing chapbooks, has seen its roster of releases growfrom the initial four titles at the time of our inception to ourcurrent stable of seven titles with four more forthcoming, including Compound Memorandum, anillustrated short story of an American reporter that takes a job inBaghdad and misappropriates funds for an Iraqi secretary named aftermirages, as well as Odas a Futbolistas, an anthology of soccer poems dedicated to the heroes of the beautiful game.

        Our reading period for our fall issue will run from June 15th, 2010until July 31, 2010. Multiple submissions are permitted but please doinform us if your work has been accepted elsewhere.

        To submit electronically email your text as an attachment in .doc or .pdf format to: <hinchasdpoesia(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @).To submit images electronically, please follow these requirements: 2400pixels wide (high res) at 72 dpi. To ensure compatibility, please onlyattach images as .jpegs. Attachments should be no larger than 24 MBs.If you are sending multiple images that exceed this capacity, thenplease send images separately.

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 15, 2011
          OPEN CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

          Hinchas de Poesia (www.hinchasdepoesia.com)—an online digital codex
          dedicated to modern Pan-American writing—is now soliciting submissions
          for its Summer 2011 issue(#4). Hinchas seeks to publish innovative,
          experimental work of a devastating caliber, regardless of format,
          medium, or language.

          Submissions will heretofore be regarded as poetry, fiction, poetry in
          translation, non-fiction, and photography and painting. Our fourth
          issue will be guest edited by Jim Heavily. Previous issues have
          featured work by Luivette Resto, Tomaz Salamun, Yaddyra Peralta, Abel
          Folgar, Chip Livingston, James Iredell, Nick Vagnoni, and Stephen Page.

          Our submission guidelines have changed. Please proceed to the Hinchas
          portal on the Submishmash website:

          http://hinchasdepoesia.submishmash.com/submit

          Please provide a cover letter telling us the title(s) of submitted
          work, current contact information (full name, mailing address,
          telephone number(s), e-mail address), and previous places where you’ve
          placed your work.

          Please see the following link for complete instructions.
          http://www.hinchasdepoesia.com/Hinchas/Hinchas_html_pages/Hinchas_submit.html

          Gracias/Thank You!!!
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 14, 2011
            CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

            Hinchas de Poesía (www.hinchasdepoesia.com) seeks submissions of poetry, short fiction, and art for their fifth issue. We plan on publishing the fifth issue online by the end of November, 2011.

            * * *
            Hinchas are Spanglish speakers, 18-45, who grew up in populous Latino exurbs (Miami, Los Angeles, D.C.) and may or may not watch soccer, but know to call it fútbol. Hinchas are the homicidal fútbol fanatics of Latin America, particularly of the Argentine variety. Hinchas are denizens of the Americas and like Jose Marti do not distinguish between North and South America.

            * * *
            Our previous issues have featured work by James Cervantes, Campbell McGrath, Kristine Chalifoux, David Spicer, Luivette Resto, Tomaž Šalamun, Yaddyra Peralta, Abel Folgar, Chip Livingston, James Iredell, Nick Vagnoni, and Stephen Page.

            * * *
            GUIDELINES:

            Please provide a cover letter telling us the title(s) of submitted work, current contact information (full name, mailing address, telephone number(s), e-mail address), and previous places where you’ve placed your work.

            Please see the following link for complete instructions.

            http://www.hinchasdepoesia.com/Hinchas/Hinchas_html_pages/Hinchas_submit.html

            We will only be accepting submissions through the Submishmash online submission manager. The url for the Hinchas portal is:

            http://hinchasdepoesia.submishmash.com/submit

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 4, 2011
              CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

              Hinchas de Poesía(www.hinchasdepoesia.com) seeks submissions of poetry, short fiction, and art for their fifth issue.The deadline for submissions is October 15, 2011; we foresee publishing the fifth issue online by the end of November, 2011.

              * * *
[...]

              ***
              HINCHAS PRESS:

              All of our titles have ISBNs and are available through MagCloud; you can flip through our print-on-demand codices via the Hinchas Press portal
              http://ycura.magcloud.com/

              Their newest iteration is Postcard Feat #2, a collaboration of postal art between poets Yago S. Cura and Jim Heavily, that speaks to the restructuring and possible extinction of the United States Postal Service, a hallmark of Americana.
              http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/176532

              Gracias/Thank You!!!

              Message 6 of 7 , May 30, 2012
                ISSUE #7 OPEN CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

                Hinchas de Poesía (www.hinchasdepoesia.com) is currently soliciting submissions for issue #7. The deadline for submitting work is July 25th; we foresee publishing issue #7 by August of 2012.

                Hinchas is an online digital codex dedicated to contemporary Pan-American writing. Hinchas are Spanglish speakers,18-45, who grew up in populous Latino exurbs (Miami, Los Angeles, D.C.) and may or may not watch soccer, but know to call it fútbol. Hinchas are the homicidal fútbol fanatics of Latin America, particularly of the Argentine variety.

                A short list of writers published between our digital pages includes: Tomaz Salamun, Campbell McGrath, Melinda Palacios, Yaddyra Peralta, Lous Bourgeois,

                Luivette Resto-Ometeotl, Guillermo Castro, Stephen Page, Nick Vagnoni, David Spicer, Chip Livingston, James Cervantes, Kristine Chalifoux, Bojan Louis, Shana Wolstein, Flavia Cosma, and M.G.Stephens.

                Our reading period for our fall issue will run from Monday, May 21st, 2012 until Monday, July 25th 2012. Multiple submissions are permitted, but please do inform us if your work has been accepted elsewhere.

                Poetry: Please submit up to three previously unpublished pieces. Please include your name, contact information, and the titles for your poems. All questions regarding poetry and poetry submissions should be directed to <heavily(at)hinchasdepoesia>.

                Prose: Typically, we request that fiction submissions not exceed three thousand words. For issue #7, we request that submissions of micro-fiction not exceed one thousand words. Please include your name, contact information and the title of your piece(s). All questions regarding fiction and fiction submissions should be directed to <gonzo(at)hinchasdepoesia.com>.

                Translations: Please submit up to three previously unpublished translations alongside the work in the source language. Please include your name, contact information, and the titles for your translations; in addition, submit the name of the writer you have translated, their publisher information, and the original titles you have chosen to translate. All questions regarding translations and translation submissions should be directed to <yago(at)hinchasdepoesia.com> .

                Artwork: Please send art as a .jpeg image 2400 pixels wide (high res.) at a 72 dpi. To ensure compatability, please only attach images as .jpegs; please ensure that attachments are no larger than 24 MBs; if you are sending multiple images that exceed this capacity, send images seperately. All questions regarding art and art submissions should be directed to <Jennifer(at)hinchasdepoesia.com>

                Book Reviews: We request that reviews not exceed one thousand words, and that the subject, title, publisher, and year of publication appear clearly delineated. All questions regarding reviews and submissions of reviews should be addressed to the respective editors.

                All submissions are handled through our Submittable account:

                http://hinchasdepoesia.submishmash.com/submit

                or through our website under the “Submissions” tab. We look forward to reading your best work; if you have any questions, please contact us at <info(at)hinchasdepoesia.com> (replace (at) with @ in all email addresses).

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 5, 2014

                   Submission link: http://www.hinchasdepoesia.com/wp/submit/

                  Hinchas de Poesia, a digital codex of contemporary Pan-American writing & art,
                  is pleased to announce the launch of Hinchas CATORCE, celebrating five years
                  on-line. Talented poets featured in this special issue include Campbell McGrath,
                  Cynthia Hogue, Norman Dubie, Luis J. Rodriguez (recently named Poet Laureate of
                  the City of Los Angeles), Claudia D. Hernandez (whose photographs also appear in
                  this issue); Alejandra Sanchez, Alan Michael Parker, Jenny Mueller & others. We
                  have a selection of outstanding fiction by Donna Vitucci & Lara Sterling; Thelma
                  Reyna reviews Richard Blanco's "For All of Us, One Today: An Inaugural Poet's
                  Journey" & Matthew Schmidt reviews "<legend> <legend>," a collaboration between
                  Justin Petropoulis & Carlos Gannis.

                  See for yourself at www.hinchasdepoesia.com.

                  We are also pleased to announce that Chip Livingston will serve as guest-editor
                  for Hinchas QUINCE. A talented writer, author of two books of poetry &, most
                  recently, a collection of short stories entitled "Naming Ceremony," Chip is also
                  on the faculty of the low-residency MFA program at the Institute Academy of
                  American Indian Arts. We look forward to having Chip's energy & unique vision
                  shape our next issue.

                  Join us in celebrating this special issue of Hinchas de Poesia. & "like" us on
                  Facebook!

                   --- On Mon, 11/3/14, Jim Heavily <jimheavily@...>

                  jimheavily@...> > Subject: Fw: Hinchas Announcement > To: crwropps-b@yahoogroups.com > Date: Monday, November 3, 2014, 5:00 PM > > > > > Dear Moderator; > > > > Would you be so kind & post the following > announcement > > in your next newsletter. > > > > Many thanks. > > > > Jim Heavily > > Poetry Editor > > Hinchas de Poesia > > > >           > > > ******************************************************* > > > > Hinchas de Poesia, a digital codex of contemporary > > Pan-American writing & art, is pleased to announce
                  > the > > launch of Hinchas CATORCE, celebrating five years > on-line. > > We have a parliament of talented poets featured in > this > > special issue, including Campbell McGrath, Cynthia > Hogue, > > Norman Dubie, Luis J. Rodriguez (recently named
                  Poet
                  > > Laureate of the City of Los Angeles), Claudia D. > Hernandez > > (whose photographs also appear in this issue); > Alejandra > > Sanchez, Alan Michael Parker, Jenny Mueller & > others. We > > have a selection of outstanding fiction by Donna > Vitucci > > & Lara Sterling; Thelma Reyna reviews Richard > Blanco's > > "For All of Us, One Today: An Inaugural
                  Poet’s
                  > Journey" > > & Michael Schmidt reviews "<legend> > > <legend>," a collaboration by Justin
                  Petropoulos