fiction position: Rhodes College

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2009
      The English Department at Rhodes College seeks a Fiction Writer to join the
      Department at the level of Assistant Professor (Tenure Track). We seek a
      published fiction writer, with specialties in American or other literatures, to
      teach a 2/3 load in our Creative Writing and Literature track within the English
      Department. We encourage applicants with an M.F.A. and/or Ph.D. in Creative
      Writing or Literature in hand or expected by August 2010. The candidate must
      demonstrate evidence of teaching excellence in both literature and creative
      writing, with the capacity to develop new courses in his or her areas of
      expertise. We seek a candidate with a strong record and potential for
      publication, who will join an academically rigorous department. Class sizes
      range from 15 to 25 students. Salary and benefits are competitive, with support
      for research and travel.

      Letter, c.v. and dossier containing three professional references by October
      15th for MLA interviews to Tina Barr, Chair, Search Committee, Department of
      English, Rhodes College, 2000 North Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112. Applications
      will be acknowledged electronically.

      Founded in 1848, Rhodes College is a highly selective, private, residential,
      undergraduate college, located in Memphis, Tennessee. Rhodes aspires to graduate
      students with a lifelong passion for learning, a compassion for others, and the
      ability to translate academic study and personal concern into effective
      leadership and action in their communities and the world. Rhodes encourages
      applications from candidates interested in helping us achieve this vision.

      Memphis has a metropolitan population of over one million and is the nation's
      18th largest metropolitan area. The city provides multiple opportunities for
      research and for cultural and recreational activities. Read more about Memphis:
      http://www.rhodes.edu/about/369.asp.

      We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workforce:
      http://www.rhodes.edu/collegehandbook/10309.asp.

      www.rhodes.edu.
      Application Information
      Postal Address:

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 2009
        Rhodes College. The English Department at Rhodes College seeks a Fiction Writer to join the Department at the level of Assistant Professor (Tenure Track). We seek a published fiction writer, with specialties in American or other literatures, to teach a 2/3 load in our Creative Writing & Literature track within the English Department. We encourage applicants with an MFA &/or PhD in Creative Writing or Literature in hand or expected by August 2010. The candidate must demonstrate evidence of teaching excellence in both literature & creative writing, with the capacity to develop new courses in his or her areas of expertise. We seek a candidate with a strong record & potential for publication, who will join an academically rigorous department. Class sizes range from 15 to 25 students. Salary & benefits are competitive, with support for research & travel. Hardcopy Letter, c.v., & dossier containing three professional references by November 6 for MLA interviews to: Tina Barr, Chair, Search Committee, Department of English, Rhodes College, 2000 North Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112. Applications will be acknowledged electronically by support staff. EOE.