call for submissions: LUMINA

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2009
      LUMINA, the literary magazine of the graduate writing program of Sarah Lawrence College is currently accepting submissions for Volume 9, which will be published in the spring of 2010. We accept poetry, fiction, and non-fiction submissions from everyone regardless of age, nationality, or school affiliation. For non-fiction, we are looking for interviews, personal essays, and creative or scholarly essays; no literary criticism, please. Our submission period is open from September 1 through November 15.

      For guidelines please check
      http://pages.slc.edu/~lumina/submissions/

      For our annual literary contest, we accept submissions from everyone who is not a current Sarah Lawrence student. This year's contest genre is fiction. Please check http://pages.slc.edu/~lumina/contest
      for contest guidelines. Contest judge to be announced shortly.

      We are also accepting submissions for this issue's cover art, which is in color, and for art within the issue, which will be in black and white. Our printed journal is 6″ x 9″, upright or "portrait" orientation, and we do not rotate images to fit the page. While art of all shapes, orientations, and aspect ratios will be considered, we encourage you to bear our specifications in mind when selecting images to submit. Visit
      http://pages.slc.edu/~lumina/art for more details.

      Contact Information:

      LUMINA

      Sarah Lawrence College

      Slonim House

      One Mead Way

      Bronxville, New York 10708-5999
      <lumina(at)gm.slc.edu>
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2010
        LUMINA-- the literary journal of Sarah Lawrence College--announces the kickoff of its annual submissions period!

        From September 1st - November 15th, we will consideroriginal works of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for publication inour 10th Anniversary Edition, to be released in April, 2011. Volume Xwill also feature the results of our Nonfiction Contest, judged by theesteemed writer and critic, Vivian Gornick. First, second, and third place contest winners will receive cash prizes!

        Submission guidelines and contest information are available at our website:

        http://pages.slc.edu/~lumina/

        We will only consider submissions that adhere to the stated rules and restrictions. Please direct your inquiries to
        <lumina(at)gm.slc.edu> (replace (at) with @)

        All writers are welcome to submit. We look forward to reading your work!

        Best of luck,

        The Staff of LUMINA

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 18, 2012
          Submissions are now open for LUMINA's 2013 Issue, and for our Fiction Contest!

          LUMINA is accepting Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry, and Visual Art submissions
          for Volume XII. This year's Fiction Contest will be judged by acclaimed essayist George Saunders. First place award is $500.

          Deadline for all submissions is November 1, 2012.

          Visit http://lumina.submittable.com/submit

          for submission guidelines, and to submit your work.

          LUMINA, established in 2000, is the annual print publication of the Sarah
          Lawrence College Graduate Writing Program, and has featured such authors as Rick Moody, Mark Doty, Phillip Lopate, Dorothy Alison, Stephen Dobyns, Amy Hempel, Kimiko Hahn, Cathy Park Hong, and Jenny Boully.