call for submissions about Illinois: Crab Orchard Review

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2009
      Special Issue: Land of Lincoln ~
      Writing from and about Illinois

      http://craborchardreview.siuc.edu/special.html

      CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW is seeking work for our Summer/Fall 2010 issue focusing on writing by Illinois writers and writing from writers outside Illinois about the people, places, past and present of Illinois.

      All submissions should be original, unpublished poetry, fiction, or literary nonfiction in English or unpublished translations in English (we do run bilingual, facing-page translations whenever possible). Please query before submitting any interview.

      For our general submission guidelines, check our Web site at<http://www.siuc.edu/~crborchd/guid2.html>.

      Mail submissions to:

      CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW

      Land of Lincoln issue

      Faner 2380, Mail Code 4503

      Southern Illinois University Carbondale

      1000 Faner Drive

      Carbondale, IL 62901

      United States of America

      The submission period for this issue is August 1, 2009 through October 31, 2009. We will be reading submissions throughout this period and hope to complete the editorial work on the issue by the end of February 2010. Writers whose work is selected will receive $25 (US) per magazine page ($50 minimum for poetry; $100 minimum for prose) and two copies of the issue.

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 21, 2009
        Special Issue: Land of Lincoln, Writing from and about Illinois
        http://craborchardreview.siuc.edu/special.html

        CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW is seeking work for our Summer/Fall 2010 issue focusing on writing by Illinois writers and writing from writers outside Illinois about the people, places, past and present of Illinois.
        All submissions should be original, unpublished poetry, fiction, or literary nonfiction in English or unpublished translations in English (we do run bilingual, facing-page translations whenever possible). Please query before submitting any interview.

        Mail submissions to:

        CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW

        Land of Lincoln issue

        Faner 2380, Mail Code 4503

        Southern Illinois University Carbondale

        1000 Faner Drive

        Carbondale, IL 62901

        The submission period for this issue is August 1, 2009 through October 31, 2009. We will be reading submissions throughout this period and hope to complete the editorial work on the issue by the end of February 2010. Writers whose work is selected will receive $25 (US) per magazine page ($50 minimum for poetry; $100 minimum for prose) and two copies of the issue. Include SASE for manuscript return or our reply.

        Address correspondence to:

        Allison Joseph, Editor & Poetry Editor

        Carolyn Alessio, Prose Editor

        Jon Tribble, Managing Editor